Cedarbrook Senior Care & Rehab is seeking PT (PRN) RN Supervisor for its Allentown location
- 3-11- $ 44.05/hr
- COVID VACCINE REQUIRED
This is professional nurse work at the second-line supervisory level in a County nursing care facility. Positions in this class supervise first-line professional and technical nursing and resident care personnel on more than one unit on an assigned shift. Positions in this class differ from those in related classes in the essentially supervisory nature of the work. The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for the overall operation of the facility in the absence of the Administrator and Director of Nursing Services. Positions of this class report directly to a higher level supervisory nursing position.
- Identifies staffing needs; assesses staffing patterns and assigns nursing staff to work units
- Consults Unit Managers/Charge Nurses regarding residents’ medical and social status, and problems encountered in providing resident care.
- Responsible for the immediate supervision of assigned Unit Managers/Charge Nurses and assists them in carrying out their responsibilities in the management of the nursing unit/nursing care.
- Evaluates the residents’ conditions; when necessary, acts as a liaison between the Unit Manager/Charge Nurse and the on-call physician, and insures that new orders are carried out; monitors and evaluates situations to ascertain the need for additional services; in the absence of the physician.
- Interdisciplinary approach to solve difficult resident/family issues and to determine appropriate unit replacement of residents; works with ancillary departments to meet resident needs and facility goals; attends meetings, works on special projects, and chairs committees as assigned by the Director of Nursing Services or Assistant Director of Nursing.
Skills & Training:
- Thorough knowledge of professional nursing principles, practices and standards.
- Thorough knowledge of nursing methods and techniques commonly employed in nursing facilities.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques required for resident care documentation and reporting.
- Basic knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, associates, and residents and their families.
- Ability to plan, assign and review the work of lower level nursing and resident care personnel.
- Ability to instruct, correct and advise lower level nursing and resident care personnel in the performance of their duties.
- Must have full use of hands, ability to stand for extensive periods, bend, pull, push and lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
Experience & Training:
- Education equivalent to graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Three to five years of professional nursing experience, one year of which shall have been at the first-line supervisory level.
- Or any equivalent combination of acceptable training and experience which has provided knowledge, skills and abilities cited above.