Life at aptihealth
The aptihealth team are health care, technology, research and user experience experts passionate about transforming behavioral healthcare. Everything we do at aptihealth is centered around our mission to revolutionize behavioral healthcare and to ensure that the millions of people who need and deserve it have access to it. As a curious and collaborative teammate, someone excited about tackling the hard problems in healthcare and technology, you will play a key role in making that mission a reality. Together, we’ll create and innovate transformative behavioral healthcare – for millions of people.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to make life better for millions of people
- An environment of positive and super smart colleagues
- Competitive pay, benefits and stock options
- Turning innovative ideas into real-world results
- Investment in our employees
- Balancing extraordinary work with your personal life
- Encouraging curiosity and collaboration
- Priding ourselves in being diverse and inclusive
- Flexible working hours and lots of freedom in your work habits
Reporting to the CTO, the Director of Information Technology (IT) will develop and execute technology strategies, policies and procedures. Successfully implement technology-based systems to carry out aptihealth’s mission, strategic goals, and business plan. Provide expertise in a variety of IT concepts, practices, and procedures while providing leadership and management of direct reports from diverse Information Technology fields and business partners. Your principal goals are to develop and manage application portfolios for each department and to attain all IT service level agreements for the user community within the organization.
You will strategize, plan, coordinate, direct, and design all operational activities of the IT department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. You will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Strategy & Planning
- Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies.
- Manage IT department operational and strategic planning, including business requirements, project planning, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- DevOps & Interoperability
- Production and non-production infrastructure, provisioning and configuration management automation, application performance monitoring, security, scalability, and resiliency, customer EHR (electronic health record) integrations, patient health data management, and monitoring
- Oversee and manage all processes relating to technical delivery/support and all cloud and infrastructure service management.
- Security and Compliance Operations
- Maintain all aspects related to security for Corporate and Hosted environments
- Compliance (e.g., HIPAA), certifications, customer inquiries/Sales requests, audits, security policy, PHI data management and cleansing, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, internet security protocols, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices, particularly in the areas salient to our solutions
- Manage and oversee adherence to security best practice and regulatory requirements
- Develop and implement risk mitigation and business continuity plan
- Ensure the company’s technological processes and service comply with all requirements, laws, and regulations
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, backup, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Manage Organizational Certification renewals as required (e.g. PCI DSS)
- Data Services and Analytics
- Create and implement a reliable data strategy and underlying platform in support of our data needs and services that support our application and data commercial products as well as internal BI metrics/reporting
- Monitor service and platform analytics (including cloud services and web analytics) and make marketing and technical recommendations that align with business goals
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Operational Management
- Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to executive team, department leads, support staff, and end users.
- Develop and manage an appropriate balance of IT outsource activities (e.g., desktop support) and internal provided services (e.g., networks and infrastructure).
- Develop and review budgets for the IT department and ensure compliance with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
- Review performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements.
- Develop bid requirements for all hardware and software upgrades, reviews submitted bids for compliance with stated requirements, and make the appropriate award.
- Authorize and oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all hardware and software based on department needs.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives, opportunities, and procurement efforts.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Develop deep and strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and refine team metrics and key performance indicators; plan and achieve quarterly and annual metrics and goals; report on progress to the executive team, board of directors, and company
The Director of Information Technology will be considered successful at the end of the first year if the following are achieved:
- A hiring plan in place to support the business as it scales
- The IT team is consistently and predictably addressing aptihealth’s IT needs
- Production and internal systems have achieved strong up-time performance
- The Director of Information Technology has effective collaborative relationships with their peers and across the company
- An infrastructure technology roadmap aligned with the organizational goals has been established
- A strong foundation for information security and data privacy protection is in place
Click here to view job qualifications: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director of Information Technology
Degree In Computer Science