About Nortek Global HVAC
Nortek Air Management is comprised of two businesses, Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions with annual sales of close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential, Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company’s mission is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence.
Position Summary: Supervises and coordinates activities of Quality personnel engaged in auditing, inspecting, and testing assembled units, components, and parts during all stages of pre-production, production, and post-production.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results, and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead teams in a Teamwork culture.
- Ability to ignite and lead change as a catalyst for improvement.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
- Strong leadership skills including ability to think strategically, solve problems and create a motivating team environment.
- Ability to select and hire “A” players, continuously develops employees, coaches to maximize performance and manages underperformers.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
Why is this a great opportunity?
- This position will allow for demonstration of solid leadership qualities as well as generate growth opportunities for someone eager to learn and continuously improve.
- Supervise Quality Assurance personnel, including training, analyzing and resolving work related issues.
- Be the front-line “go-to” person for day-to-day quality issues. Ensure timely follow-up with stakeholders until final resolution.
- Administer policies and procedures on a fair and consistent basis.
- Take the lead regarding personnel actions, such as rate increases, disciplinary measures, timekeeping, overtime, and PTO approvals.
- Supervise the quality auditing process (process audits, finished goods audits, MVB audits, quality mirror, bottle checks).
- Request formal internal corrective actions related to in-house non-conformances or non-compliances that exceed the threshold defined by procedure. Support the resolution of the C/A with resources as necessary.
- Provide performance feedback to subordinates, including coaching, performance reviews, and improvement plans as necessary.
- Develop a cross-functional team that demonstrates equitable skillsets across all areas and processes.
- Ensure adherence to ANSI test requirements on gas products in accordance with ANSI standards.
- Lead and coordinate efforts with QA, Shipping, and Production regarding timely product sampling, holds, inspection, and rework to minimize the impact to the customer.
- Facilitate quick and effective communication between QA and Production teams.
- Actively participate and encourage department participation in cross-functional teams (safety, ergonomics, 8D, employee involvement, RTY improvement, etc.).
- Hold regular communication meetings with department employees to communicate key quality information while also encouraging feedback and open discussion.
- Minimum of Associate’s degree
- Work experience in quality related area within manufacturing environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office suite
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Practical knowledge of 8D, 5 Why
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Valid driver’s license in good standing and ability to travel as needed
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- 3-5 years of experience in quality assurance
- ISO 9001 auditing experience
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Global HVAC, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekhvac.com/.
Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.
Good Manufacturing Practices
Continuous Improvement Process