ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading retail organization in the Kokomo market and looking to add a Payroll Coordinator. With a growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PAYROLL COORDINATOR
- Compile payroll data such as hours worked, taxes, and insurance to be withheld, and employee identification number, from time sheets and other records.
- Enter data into payroll system to compute wages and deductions.
- Post data to payroll records.
- Reviews wage computed and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Record changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Record data concerning transfer of employees between departments.
- Prorate expenses to be debited or credited to each department for cost accounting records.
- Prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
- Keep records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
- Prepare and issues paychecks.
- New employee on boarding
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE PAYROLL ROLE:
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with ADP, Ceridian or Paychex is preferred
Keywords: payroll, payroll processing, ADP, accounting