· Design and implement software solutions based on software requirement specifications
· Tests software implementation against requirements
· Own responsibility for a specific area of software development within a project
· Create small scale requirement analysis and software specifications for area of responsibility
· Create software documentation for software implementation
· Actively communicate with team members, IT Project Manager and Software Developer Lead about work and project status
· Actively report issues to IT Project Manager and Software Developer Lead
· Participate in team meetings on an as-needed basis
· Set-up and execute test scenarios for commissioning
· Commission software on-site
· Support system ramp-up and go-live on-site
· Troubleshoot system issues in 1st, 2nd or 3rd level, depending on project requirements
· Support IT CSS engineers and on-site Software Support Engineers
· Effectively communicate with customers if required
Qualification Requirements: (to be considered for the position)
· 4-year degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience in similar work.
· Experience with Java in a work setting.
· Experience with SQL databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server).
· May be required to travel internationally for training, project assignments, and commissioning.
· Must be able to work rotational on-call in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd level.