To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
9998 Allpoints Pkwy
- Cliff Sweet
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
SSI-Schaefer • Plainfield, IN
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Java Developer designs and implements software solutions for automated material handling software systems in warehouses and distribution centers. This position requires knowledge of various programming languages, software development tools, software architecture, operating systems, hardware and network design and databases.
· Design and implement software solutions based on software requirement specifications
· Tests software implementation against requirements
· Own responsibility for a specific area of software development within a project
· Create small scale requirement analysis and software specifications for area of responsibility
· Create software documentation for software implementation
· Actively communicate with team members, IT Project Manager and Software Developer Lead about work and project status
· Actively report issues to IT Project Manager and Software Developer Lead
· Participate in team meetings on an as-needed basis
· Set-up and execute test scenarios for commissioning
· Commission software on-site
· Support system ramp-up and go-live on-site
· Troubleshoot system issues in 1st, 2nd or 3rd level, depending on project requirements
· Support IT CSS engineers and on-site Software Support Engineers
· Effectively communicate with customers if required
Qualification Requirements: (to be considered for the position)
· 4-year degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience in similar work.
· Experience with Java in a work setting.
· Experience with SQL databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server).
· May be required to travel internationally for training, project assignments, and commissioning.
· Must be able to work rotational on-call in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd level.