This position is responsible for the setup and calibration of all hydraulic and air flow devices in the Calibration Lab. A strong mechanical ability is required. The candidate will be able to evaluate flow devices to attain proper physical configuration and plumbing to achieve requirements needed for successful calibration. An in-depth mechanical knowledge and an ability to apply this knowledge in a fast paced; quality service oriented facility is a must. The candidate should also possess a basic understanding of lab instruments to include: handheld & calibrated multi-meters, oscilloscopes, and both AC & DC power supplies. On the Job Training will be provided for the right candidate. The position will also require standing for entire shifts at times, lifting and carrying flow meters and devices up to 50+lbs, and repeated physical activity up to the length of the scheduled shift. In addition, this employee is expected to work effectively in a team environment and in accordance with their direct supervisor; while maintaining superior attention to quality and detail.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Applicants can learn more about their rights regarding equal opportunity in employment by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and the “EEO is the Law” poster supplement at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
- Specific calibration metrology training as provided in a technical school, junior college, or military curriculum
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Associates Degree or equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical field preferred
- Physical Dimensional Calibration experience a plus
- Ability to understand engineering drawings, wiring diagrams, and electrical schematics desired
- Previous training and experience working with an AS9100 Rev B certified manufacturing operation and ISO/IEC 17025 certified calibration laboratory
Aerospace Basic Quality System Standards