The Therapist is responsible for providing clinical social services for assigned children, adolescents, and their families. The responsibilities include planning appropriate aftercare services for residents, providing educational services to families regarding the resident's impairment and potential, and facilitating appropriate interpersonal relationships between the resident and his/her family and peers. Overall coordination of continuity through the continuum of care is expected.
Unit Specific Performance Objectives
1. Completes resident and family assessment, or social history, and documents in a timely manner.
2. Actively participates in treatment team planning meetings.
3. Completes disposition planning and documents in progress record as indicated.
4. Along with the Case Manager, serves as direct contract for referral and placement resources, maintains close communication with such resources, and invites appropriate representatives to case conferences and interagency meetings in a timely fashion.
5. Oversees the overall coordination of services and continuum of care.
6. Displays excellence in customer service skills, returning all phone calls from internal staff members and external customers (i.e. parents, schools, referral sources, etc.) within 24 hours.
7. Coordinates court commitment procedures including preparation of relevant documentation, communicates with mental health agencies, and provides testimony at commitment hearings as necessary.
8. Prepares and presents oral and written clinical reports, maintains up-to-date documentation in progress records, and meets with and documents family contact in a timely manner.
9. Participates in the development of psycho-educational groups for families, and acts as facilitator for multi-family groups on a weekly basis.
10. Demonstrates a knowledge base of DSM IV and its usage.
11. Demonstrates general knowledge of substance abuse issues.
12. Demonstrates knowledge of age specific growth and development.
13. Has the ability to address cultural diversity and specific resident/family issues.
14. Participates in interdepartmental and case management meetings as required and requested by the Program Manager.
15. Participates in monitoring aftercare as requested.
16. Maintains competence in identified universal core and critical competencies.
17. Participates in own performance process.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
19. Participates in rotating on-call schedule.