● Graduation/Diploma from an accredited and recognized College, University or School of Nursing. A current certificate of registration/license from the North Carolina State Board of Registration as a Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse.
● Maintains yearly educational requirements as designated by from the North Carolina State Board of Registration as a Licensed Practical/Vocational nurse
● Must have 1 year current experience as a LPN in a long term nursing facility or hospital
● Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
● Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
● Must possess strong supervisory, management and leadership skills.
● Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and the general public.
● Willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
● Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever physical, emotional, social, spiritual level the resident is able to understand and function.
● Possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing social services practices.