Seeking an experienced Agile Business Analyst to join our Agile Transformation team. This is a highly challenging role focused on interacting with various stakeholders, including subject matter experts, executives, operational users, etc. and technical staff to analyze, elicit, and document requirements associated with defined system scope and objectives for technical solutions. Highest levels partner with previous audiences to establish project vision and drive scope, including determination of appropriate technology solutions. The team is looking for a strong partner that can enable the team and product owner to work as effectively as possible and delivery on value and quality.
- Maintains a current and thorough working knowledge of the application and its business uses.
- Takes ownership for the content and understanding of the requirements throughout the project to ensure project benefits are realized.
- Analyzes requirements using a variety of techniques including interviews, structured analysis, business process analysis, and reverse-engineering of existing systems or processes.
- Takes ownership of the Planning process to guide and lead the process forward at an appropriate pace.
- Drives the interpretation of business objectives and system scope from the stakeholders to the developers; provides input on scope management and resolves issues related to the impact of changes to scope.
- Recommends improvements to processes or technical solutions to resolve identified gaps or underlying issues.
- Selects and/or recommends appropriate artifacts and processes to be used to best suit the project’s needs.
- Reviews artifacts and final requirements and obtains final endorsement from stakeholders.
- Works with developers, stakeholders, and senior management to coordinate resolution of issues related to functionality that does not meet intended requirements.
- Negotiates commitments by facilitating communication between developers and stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
- Compiles metrics and reports on progress of requirements development to project team.
- Provides thought leadership on business analysis approaches and provides mentoring to junior staff.
- Works independently; coordinates project based activities by assigning and reviewing work, and balancing workloads.
- Leads and influences junior staff, peers outside of unit, and stakeholders.
- Typically leads development of requirements for highly complex and visible projects. Accountable for execution and/or success of requirements for overall project.
- Reviews and recommends actions based on broad perspective to ensure full identification and resolution of potential conflicts and risks among business processes and/or technical systems.
- Strong ability to understand concepts or problems from the business perspective to effectively guide the analysis and development of requirements, and define appropriate solutions.
- Applies excellent understanding of SDLC, including how it relates to the various software development methodologies and processes (e.g., agile, RUP, waterfall, scrum) to deliver functionality.
- Understands complex technical concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
- Five to seven years business analysis experience with elicitation, defining scope, creating documentation, and collaborating with technical staff.
- Proficient computer skills in programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Internet, and e-mail programs.
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Ability to drive and influence a team environment.
- Nature of interaction with contacts includes ability to influence and negotiate.
- Possesses high level of credibility with developers and stakeholders.
- Offers excellent customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including excellent meeting facilitation skills.
- Completion of business analysis training courses and business analysis certified preferred.
- SAFe/Agile/Scrum experience preferred
- TDD/BDD, JIRA and Confluence experience preferred.
Scrum (Software Development)
Agile Software Development
Process Analysis (Business)
Ibm Rational Unified Process
Systems Development Life Cycle
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
$91,000.00 - $104,000.00 / year
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
ITG has been in business for more than 20 years and is a
financially stable company with continued growth. The company’s headquarters is
located in the Kansas City Metro Area with additional support accessible
is a provider of qualified IT and Engineering professionals to companies
nationwide and has proven experience and reputation in providing highly
skilled, qualified resources to our clients at the most cost-effective pricing.
are committed to excellence in everything we do and strive to deliver lasting
value to our clients. We believe that success is a pattern that stems from
quality and dedication in all of our actions throughout the organization.
We have long-term relationships
built with clients resulting in Preferred Supplier Status. ITG has demonstrated
to its clients that it can quickly provide individual resources or assemble a
team of qualified technically skilled resources to respond to their needs at
View the full profile
offers an excellent compensation and benefits package (including medical,
dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance and
401k) to our employees which has enabled us to attract, hire, and retain
employees. As a result, our clients benefit from our ability to provide
qualified IT resources and retain them for the duration of the contract.