To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lawrence, KS
- Laura Martinez
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Capital Sr Specialist
MAXIMUS • Lawrence, KS
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Sr Human Capital Specialist is responsible for providing guidance and ensuring effective human capital workflows in support of one or more functional areas of the human capital department.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide guidance and support in various HR-related topics such as hiring, onboarding, benefits, compensation, wellness, employee engagement, performance management, leave management, accommodations, company driven changes, disciplinary actions, harassment allegations, work complaints, employee concerns or grievances, terminations and unemployment claims in accordance with company's policies and procedures including complex escalations
- Assist employees with inquiries regarding payroll, timesheets, process or policy, employment verifications duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities
- Gather and analyze data with useful metrics that enable more effective management of human resources activities
- Ensure the integrity of employee data, including performance of regular audits and documentation of appropriate quality control measures
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations
- Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns including complex escalations
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance and maintain current knowledge of employment and labor laws, including, but not limited to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and Service Contract Act (SCA)
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience
- Advanced degree or professional designation preferred
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems
- Work requires considerable judgment and initiative
- Exert some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization
- Perform a variety of functions necessary for the effective management of human resources through all phases of the employee lifecycle, including recruitment, active employment and separation.