To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- North Andover, MA 01845
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer
Watts Water Technologies, Inc. • North Andover, MA
Posted 2 months ago
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Monitor and resolve supplier-related operational issues. Collaborate directly with Quality teams at Watts manufacturing sites to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and coordinate corrective actions where required.
- Develop quality plans and protocols for product transfers to contracted manufacturing sites.
- Audit and evaluate supplier’s internal processes to assess overall compliance and regulatory requirements, including sub-suppliers. Communicate feedback to sourcing team and plant quality to improve operations.
- Monitor the supplier selection process in accordance with the company guidelines.
- Develop a world class Supplier Management Program using Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
- Act as key contributor to the supplier quality management process. Standardize where possible by conducting supplier audits, monitoring quality-related issues during supplier maintenance and supplier selection process.
- Champion supplier continuous improvement initiatives with Global Commodity Sourcing and Plant Quality teams.
- Participate in the selection of suppliers in the design and development phase as well as the production phase to ensure that the supplier's current and future capabilities will meet the company's needs.
- Collaborate with Global Commodity and Plant Quality teams to develop and prioritize an auditing schedule ensuring that designated suppliers are audited for GMP's, ISO and quality standards.
- Participate in supplier scorecard reviews along with Sourcing Manager and Plant Quality to assess suppliers on their ability to meet quality, delivery, and service levels
- Conduct supplier audits through the SCAR program to ensure suppliers implement and maintain any necessary corrective action program and ensure timely closure of SCARs.
- Develop and maintain an SPC program and evaluate results for continuous improvement and process validation.
- Prepare supplier-related quality metrics for presentations and periodic reviews
- Bachelor's Degree in related technical discipline
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification - preferred
- Ensure company policies are followed and enforce company safety policies
- No Direct Reports
- Manage Project Teams
- Matrix Supervisor of Resources on Projects
- 10 years of operations experience in industry is required. Minimum 5 years of experience in quality
- Improve supplier quality PPM’s
- Work with engineering/procurement qualifying suppliers and parts for new projects
- Demonstrated experience with quality systems requirements.
- Train suppliers in problem solving techniques (8D), quality systems, PPAP and SPC, capability analysis
- Follow single SCAR, validate effectiveness of supplier corrective actions
- Perform formal on-site reviews within assigned commodity
- Promote the Supplier Quality Manual and follow up with suppliers
- Clarify supplier inspection methods using the control plan
- Expedite deviations on urgent issues
- Participate in customer complaint review meetings where suppliers are involved
- Issue PPAP for new/revised parts and follow up
- Perform on site PPAP when applicable
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated leadership skills and problem-solving abilities are required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint including developing graphs and presentations
- In depth GD&T knowledge - preferred
- Low cost regions supplier experience - preferred
- Auditor training with previous auditing experience. CQE - preferred
- Understanding of UL, NSF, WQA (Water Quality Association) – preferred
- This position will require a minimum of 30% travel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Work in office environment
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting
*As required by Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroup
2. Initiate Positive Change
3. Deliver High Quality Results
4. Focus on the Customer
5. Develops Self & Others
By linking this application to your LinkedIn profile, you agree that you consent to Watts and any of its affiliates, divisions, and/or third party service providers accessing and using the information on your LinkedIn profile for the purposes of assessing your application.Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.