Company is seeking a Opto-Mechanical Engineer that will be a key player in the organization, helping shape its vision and mission through excellent practices.
Client is an established firm with years of progressive growth; Great reputation in the industry; Quality work and loyal client base; Profitable; Privately owned; Strong leadership team and seasoned staff; Focused on growth; Low turnover; Fun and enjoyable work environment; Fast-paced; Team oriented.
• This position requires high precision, hands-on mechanical and optomechanical skills to design, engineer, set up, test, and validate the critical optical and optomechanical components of advanced, complex laser process and imaging automation systems as required following the ISO 9001 quality management system.
• Engineer optical path drawings and related technical specifications
• Mechanical layout and detail design drawings for fabrication of mechanical and optomechanical automation systems.
• Set up and adjust optical components, such as mirrors and beam expanders, using mechanical and optomechanical hand tools to align laser beam paths
• Optimize laser beam characteristics using specialized optomechanical devices, such as collimators and polarizers
• Measure laser output power and laser beam quality characteristics using specialized tools to insure laser stability
• Employ professional optics care techniques to inspect, clean, and maintain optics, optomechanical devices, and associated tools
• Complete clear, comprehensive testing reports to document results and to highlight issues in detail
• Operate and test high peak power lasers for the purposes of optical beam path alignment and system validation
• Plan and execute moderate design and documentation tasks such as electromechanical design layouts and detail drawings, electronic packaging (sheet metal) design, bills of materials, assembly drawings, engineering release packages
• Develop product structures and bills of materials for custom and standard products
• Evaluate and execute document change requests then supply engineering documentation to ECO documentation clerks for entry into ERP system.
• Create and update bills of materials
• Must coordinate own efforts with others, but this is not a supervisory position.
• Travel is required for the position and will typically be less than 10-15% of the year.