To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Prescott, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Posted 2 months ago
We are seeking a RN to assist us with out-patient pain management surgical procedures every Monday from 6:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, the Registered Nurse provides direct patient care for surgical/procedural patients. Plans and implements individualized care using the nursing process. Coordinates all perioperative care in patient-focused manner.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts ongoing patient assessment utilizing Operative Plan of Care, protocols and procedures. Reports abnormalities to appropriate staff members such as anesthesiologist and/or surgeon.
- Completes all required documentation of assessment results and patient outcomes on appropriate perioperative forms according to procedure.
- Demonstrates clinical expertise in such aspects of care such as aseptic technique, instrumentation, suture and surgical staple products, patient position, etc.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to set up, program and troubleshoot complex equipment such as: OR table and accessories, OR lights and halogen bulbs, electro cautery units, warming units, compression pumps, headlights, cameras and video equipment, etc.
- Provides emotional support by standing at patient's side during induction of anesthesia.
- Maintains a safe environment, monitors sterile field and controls traffic patterns in surgical suite per procedure.
- Determines patient's immediate response to surgical intervention, monitors blood loss.
- Ensure sponge, needle, and instrument counts are performed according to procedure.
- Attends in-service and educational offerings to maintain current knowledge and skills. Identifies own learning needs and seeks opportunities for self-growth. Participates in required programs.
- Maintains current competency skill checklists.
- Completes and maintains age-specific growth and development competencies as required.
- Follows Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Participates in ongoing CQI monitoring and data collection.
- Identifies areas for improvement and makes suggestions for innovative solutions.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience required; Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Licensed Registered Nurse required.
- BLS and ACLS Certification required.
- Certified Nurse, Operating Room (CNOR) preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) years' progressive perioperative experience preferred.
- Computer Skills.
- Language Skills.
- Mathematical Skills.
- Reasoning Ability.