To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Athens, AL 35613
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Green Key Resources • Athens, AL
Posted 2 months ago
We're one of the largest healthcare companies in the area and growing! Our organization is seeking a Retail Pharmacist to join us on a part-time/per diem basis in the Athens, AL area! Ideally this candidate would be actively licensed as a practicing Pharmacist and have familiarity with a retail pharmacy setting. We do have flexible part time/per diem hours available depending upon preference and would love to hear from you today if you are interested in hearing more!
This leader will be managing 3 Supervisors of Medical Reviews that have approximately 8-15 Clinical Reviewers & Utilization Management Reps.
Looking for someone that has strong leadership skills and clinical skills. Ideally would like someone with UM plan experience but UM at a hospital would be okay as well.
Position Title: Retail Pharmacist
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5pm (hours adjustable according to preference)
Salary: $50 - $60/hr (very negotiable)
We also offer benefits and room for growth!
Pharmacist Job Duties:
· Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
· Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
· Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
· Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians' work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
· Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies.
· Develops hospital staff's pharmacological knowledge by participating in clinical programs; training pharmacy staff, students, interns, externs, residents, and health care professionals.
· Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by monitoring nursing unit inspections; maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
· Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Min. of 6 months’ experience as a pharmacist (RPH or Pharm D)
- Retail prescriptions experience
- AL state license
- Order Entry System: McKesson Enterprise preferably, but any general system exposure will be fine
If this opportunity sounds like something you would be interested in, please apply today! We will be glad to follow up with you within 2 - 3 business days and look forward to speaking with you further about this position!
- Average Daily Scripts/Census: 20
- Training/orientation: 1 day
- Dress Code: business casual or gray scrubs