Responsible for the ongoing management of medical equipment from pre-purchase planning, acquisition, installation, education, service and disposition. Directs activities of subordinate personnel engaged in testing, calibrating, repairing and otherwise maintaining Hospital medical equipment. Develops and administers scheduled maintenance programs designed to maintain all Hospital medical equipment in proper working order. Develops and administers quality assurance programs and investigates medical equipment incidents in order to determine cause and resolution of system failures.
- Reports to: AVP Clinical/Biomedical Eng.
- Supervises: One Biomedical Manager and three Supervisors
- Experience (or equivalent education): Seven years of related experience
The Director of Biomedical Engineering is responsible for providing leadership, vision, and a working environment that promotes teamwork and customer satisfaction, and for ensuring that the standards of service are met for the Clinical and Medical Imaging Engineering team.
In this position you will:
Perform and maintain currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire, regulatory requirements and populations served.
Prepare and maintain departmental budgets and oversees repair budgets of the department.
Review, evaluate, and report on the quantity, quality, and effectiveness of department personnel.
Oversee maintenance of department records including equipment master files, inventory listings, and equipment maintenance histories.
Manage vendor service quality assurance program consisting of: verifying quality of vendor service, auditing field service reports for completion and accuracy, auditing vendor invoices for accuracy, approving vendor invoices for payment.
Develop, evaluate, and report on quantity, quality, and effectiveness of departmental service programs and services.
Oversee service contract evaluation, purchase, and renewal.Includes directing / participating in contract negotiation.
Write technical specifications for capital equipment purchase and participates in purchase negotiation. Represents departmental services in the construction phase as well.
- Plan all company engineering activities
- Maintain high-performing engineering teams
- Perform software release management and engineering
- Lead system wide engineering initiatives
- Direct engineering supervisors, technicians and other engineering personnel
- Participating in the engineering process
- Adhere to engineering budget for product groups
- Develop the engineering team focusing on technical development
- Developing engineering specifications for any product development needs
- Motivate world-class engineering team members
- Manage the enterprise's network engineering team
- Prepare engineering budgets and costs
- Resolve service issues for product engineering groups
- Provide updates on engineering activities
- Standardizing all engineering related roles
- Recruit and hire qualified salaried engineering staff and engineering technicians
- Manage and develop the engineering team
- Develop software engineering talent within the organization
- Establish engineering operational strategies by evaluating engineering trends
- Establish a cadence of meetings to ensure execution of Lodge project plans and that coordination is occurring with Project Managers on the Development team as well as contracted art directors
New Product Development