The Staff Accountant supports maintenance of the system of assigned controls and accounting processes and analyzes data for accuracy, timeliness, completeness, and consistency to support client, business and management needs. Responsibilities include general ledger and cash management, journal entry preparation, bank reconciliations, sales and tax filings, monthly, annual, and quarterly tax filings, financial statement generation and other ad hoc reporting as needed.
This salaried, non-exempt position will report directly to the Accounting Manager.
General Ledger Management
- Prepares, reviews, and analyzes financial transactions to create journal entries using Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 to support the month-end close process
- Reconciles all balance sheet accounts monthly to the general ledger in Excel, creating any necessary adjusting journal entries in GP
- Reconciles bank statements monthly
- Maintains various schedules and detail sheets (Excel, Bullhorn) to validate transactions are complete and properly accounted for
- Posts and records cash/ACH payments received for The Jacobson Group
- Records and tracks commission payments
Insurance and Other Reporting
- Works with the contracts team to meet all insurance reporting and audit requirements
- Assists with Census, Workers Compensations Filings, and other business license and regulatory filings
- Audits third party vendor management fees (VMS) and creates reporting as needed
- Maintains and updates sales tax grid for monthly, quarterly, and annual sales tax filings and payments
Complies with all other tax regulation and related payment reporting requirements
- Acts as the primary backup to the Accounting Coordinator and Accounts Receivable Coordinator
- Aids in monthly financial statement generation and analysis (B/S, P&L, Cash Flow Statements)
- Assists manager in a variety of ad hoc accounting assignments such as detailed account review and creating schedules for audit
- Reviews status of day to day tasks and takes necessary steps with data providers or manager to ensure completeness
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in accounting
- 2+ years of professional working/accounting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with an emphasis on Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP’s)
- Great Plains/ERP experience a plus
- Bullhorn/CRM experience a plus
- Quality driven individual who consistently and proactively follows-up on open items
- Well organized individual
- CPA candidate desirable
The Jacobson Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
The Jacobson Group is the leading provider of talent to the insurance industry. For nearly 50 years, Jacobson has been connecting organizations with insurance professionals at all levels across all industry verticals. We provide an array of services including executive search, professional recruiting, temporary staffing and subject matter experts.