Pick Packers pick order tickets and process them by completing any required paperwork, locating items in the warehouse, moving them to the processing and shipping area and scanning their bar-code. Use RF scanners to ensure that all orders and inventory are accurately tracked.
Packers, pack orders and prepare them to be shipped. They must inspect the items to ensure that they’re not damaged or missing any parts, package them according to specifications and transport them carefully as needed to bring them to shipping facilities.
- Restocked items when necessary
- Assisted in reorganization of products in warehouse
- Checked picked orders, selected proper box size, packed, and prepared for shipping
- Conducted discontinued product and large order inventory
- Shared in housekeeping chores
Pick Packers are detail-oriented problem solvers who can think quantitatively and notice defects and errors quickly. When problems arise, they must be able to act quickly and decisively. In order to be successful, the Pick Packer also has great communication skills and is able to work as a team member with a wide variety of people in the supply chain.
- Having basic mathematical abilities
- Demonstrating verbal and written communication skills
- Being proficient in basic computer applications
- Being able to stand for long periods of time and lift heavy objects
- RF scanner experience
- Previous warehouse experience
- Familiarity with shipping software