Lehigh County Authority has an opening for Water / Wastewater Treatment Plan Operator (TPO) to join our expanding team. The TPO will perform a variety of duties to assure the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the City's water production and filtration systems and/or wastewater treatment facilities. This is a night shift position working 6:00pm-6:00am.
These roles require candidates to possess water / wastewater treatment plant operation certificates and/or training, as well as college-level coursework related to the operation of water and wastewater facilities. Past experience in a Water/Wastewater treatment plant is a plus.
Please note – this position may be filled at either a TPO 1 or a TPO 2 level depending on the experience and skills of the selected candidate.
Lehigh County Authority (LCA) is a municipal authority focused on providing high-quality, affordable water and sewer services to our customers. We operate in a cost-effective and efficient manner that results in affordable rates for public services such as the water and sewer services LCA provides.
LCA works directly with ratepayers (water and sewer customers) to meet their needs and to develop partnerships and cooperative programs with neighboring municipal water and sewer systems. LCA's water rates are among the lowest in the Lehigh Valley, and our regional approach allows us to act quickly and to provide enhanced services where and when needed.
LCA is an exciting and busy place to work, and our employees are the key to ensuring that our public services are valuable, affordable and of the high quality our customers expect.
As an LCA employee in the Water Resources Department you would be eligible for competitive pay and benefits including:
Paid Health, dental and vision coverage – covers employee and eligible dependents with no employee contribution
Generous paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays
Company provided life insurance
Eligibility for two retirement plans - Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement Plan and 457(ICMA).
Essential functions for these positions include:
- Provides quality and effective customer service with courtesy and understanding to our customers, citizens and internal departments.
- Performs services to operate all equipment, machines and on-line technical testing devices used in the purification and filtration of water, the treatment of wastewater, including, but not limited to, electrical control boards, motors, pumps, meters, boilers, heaters, and sludge processing units; notes any malfunctioning equipment and makes adjustments as needed; refers maintenance problems to shift supervisors or higher level supervision. Documents all malfunctioning equipment and submits written report for maintenance services.
- Collaborates with other team members performing work as Treatment Plant Operators as needed.
- Starts and stops pumps, regulates valves, observes flow dials, reads gauges in order to assure proper operation of the system and uses a keyboard on a computer and manually logs readings.
- Collects samples of the process stream at various stages through the plant(s) for laboratory testing and analysis; also, performs some analysis where required, may lift 50 lb. bags unassisted, to add chemicals according to prescribed standards for proper treatment of the water/wastewater being processed; may adjust chemical oxidation units to control airborne emission of odorous substances.
- Performs related work as required.
Applicant must have one or more of the following:
- Graduation from high school supplemented with specialized training in water purification and filtration or wastewater treatment or formal course work in the technical aspects pertaining to the specific treatment process.
- Must possess completion certificates from California State University, Sacramento for "Operation of Wastewater Treatment Plants", Volumes I & II or "Water Treatment Plant Operation", Volumes I & II. Training equivalent to this level but through different sources will be accepted.
- Two years of college level courses in biology, chemistry, or civil engineering, which could be directly, applied to the operation of water and wastewater facilities.
- Two years’ experience in a water or wastewater plant at the maintenance worker level, or any equivalent combination of training and experience including formal in-service training.
- Must possess or be in process of obtaining either a valid Class A Water / Wasterwater Licenses.
- Must possess a valid PA Driver’s License.
- Basic computer skills helpful
- Knowledge of the methods, practices, procedures and techniques used in the operation and routine operator maintenance of water purification equipment, and/or wastewater treatment equipment.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and other supervisors.
- Ability to physically perform the duties, including lifting up to 50 pounds, and work in the environmental conditions required of a position in this class.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
· An updated resume
· Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications for our position is required to be considered
· Salary history and/or requirement
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a phone interview.
All applicants can check the status of their application by logging on to the myHR Partner web portal at www.myhrpartnerinc.com and logging on to your personal profile in the Job Postings area.
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of credit, drug screen, and criminal background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.