We are seeking full-time forklift operators for our distribution center in Waterford, NY to work on our second shift Monday - Friday 2pm - 10pm. Come be a part of WSI and receive a $1,000.00 sign on bonus.
Under general supervision, performs a variety of assignments, both technical and clerical, to receive, inspect, store and ship material, but not limited to receipt, control, preparation, material distribution, records, and reports. Receives general direction on new assignment aspects and instructions as to how to perform required tasks and results expected. Duties require manual, clerical, and data entry skills.
1. Operates material handling equipment as required to receive, store, and ship material.
2. Ability to lift 55 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
3. Performs receiving and shipping inspections and identifies all incoming and outgoing material shipments to determine: a) quantity is as ordered b) no damage is apparent, and c) documentation is available as required.
4. Performs physical material inventories to establish, maintain, and document the receipt, shipment and control.
5. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position; they are only the major duties.
- Performance reviews at 90 days, 6 month and 1 year and yearly on your anniversary date.
- Medical, Pharmacy, Dental and Vision after 90 days of employment
- ProfitSharing/401K retirement plans
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Sign on Bonus paid out at 90 day - $500.00, 6 months $250.00 and at 1 year $250.00
- Paid vacations, sick time and holidays
- Perfect attendance bonus
- Steel toe shoe reimbursement
- Prescription safety glasses reimbursement
- Uniforms provided
Final candidate must posses a solid work history, pass pre-placement physical and drug screen.
- Demonstrate the ability to work safely and properly use equipment
- Prior experience with sit down and stand up reach forklifts
- Posses a solid work history
- Must pass a pre-placement physical and drug screen
- Prior experience using Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
Complying With Procedures
Handle Heavy Object