Nowcom is part of the Hankey Group of companies and as such provides custom technology solutions and support to all the members of the group. Among the seven operating companies which include financing, insurance, vehicle acquisition, sales and rentals; Nowcom provides infrastructure support, custom software development, and call center services. Nowcom, along with its affiliated companies have continuously experienced 20% growth over the last decade. The Hankey Group employs over 2,200 people and has assets which exceed $8 billion.
Nowcom Corp is also a leading provider of dealer management solutions (DMS), specifically catering to the independent automobile dealer’s needs. DealerCenter.net is Nowcom’s all-in-one dealer management software system that allows the dealer full control over their sales, inventory, insurance offering and financing. As an authorized credit reseller, Nowcom provides dealerships access to credit bureaus. Nowcom has a staff with an extensive background in the automotive industry. Nowcom has over 14,000 active auto dealers using DealerCenter.net .
Nowcom is aggressively looking for Sr. Database Engineer with 8+ years of experience in SQL Server
JOB LOCATION-Los Angeles, CA
SALARY- Salary commensurate with experience and skills
NUMBER OF OPEN POSITIONS-1
CULTURE AND BENEFITS
In Nowcom Corporation, we fully understand that a company’s most valuable resource is its people. Nowcom Corporation offers a generous benefits package that includes paid vacations, major medical, dental and vision insurance coverages, company paid life insurance, a 401 (k) plan with matching contributions, occasional company paid picnics, etc.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates with business and technical leads to understand all aspects of product requirements and decompose high-level business needs into functional needs by understanding problems and determining data needs.
- Document business requirements to depict user needs with complimentary technical requirements.
- Develops, manages, and maintains detailed project schedules, working closely with offshore engineers; ensures that deliverable are tracked and completed on time.
- Identifies and addresses project interdependencies, risks and issues; resolves conflicts and plans optimal delivery sequences for projects.
- Should be self-motivated and work independently with minimal supervision
- Work with teams in different time zones
- 24/7 support in case of emergency/production deployment
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Utilize software to generate metrics related to critical information, such as performance, variance, and analyses for strategic, operational and resource allocation decisions and actions.
- Translate reporting inquiries and requests to specific action items for programmers and analysts, and evaluate data to respond to inquiries in a timely and precise manner.
- Collaborate with developers to implement database design in prototypes to help communicate database requirements to all interested parties and inform an iterative database design process with customer feedback
- Assesses database performance by developing a protocol for the measurement of results and identification of problem areas.
- Strong experience in database designing, database development of SQL Server databases. Should have experience with modeling tools such as ER Studio
- Strong understanding of SQL Server Internals, including Index structure and RDBMS concepts.
- Design and develop Data Warehouse for reporting. Transform and populate data in the reporting database using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS). Experience with building reports using SSRS, Power BI and Tableau is a plus
- Experience with performing DBA tasks such as backups, restores, setting up AG for Development and Integration environments is a plus
- Experience with SQL Server Service Broker and PowerShell is a plus
- Experience with working with database auto-deployment (CICD) is a plus
· Bachelor’s degree with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science
· 5+ years of database developing experience
· 5+ years of SQL server experience
· 2 and more years of handling database environment that is more than 300GB
· Deep knowledge of T-SQL
· Exposure to database integration design and implementation
· SQL Server related certificated (preferred)
· Experience with managing Database projects using Git in Visual Studio/Azure Repos
· Experience with performance tuning (execution plan), stored procedures, and triggers
· Experience with SSIS/SSRS
· Experience with SQL Server Service Broker is a plus
· Experience with data integration and accounting system (QuickBooks) is a plus