Are you a Top Performer looking to build your future? If you are internally motivated and have the drive and ambition necessary to succeed, we want to talk to you. Grand Homes, two-time winner of America’s Best Builder and one of the Top 50 companies to work for in the U.S, is looking for outstanding candidates to join one of the most successful, award-winning New Home Builders in the Dallas/Fort Worth area today.
Grand Homes has an opening for an experienced full-time Staff Accountant in our North Dallas office.Grand Homes has an opening for an experienced full-time Staff Accountant in our North Dallas office.
Major Responsibilities and activities:
-Support Senior Accounting Staff in full cycle general ledger accounting.
-Prepare and record monthly accounting entries for various trusts and partnerships.
-Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
-Prepare payroll for sales commissions and bonuses
-Review job cost budgets
-Coordinate the collateralization of units on to the Borrowing Base, update company software and reconcile the monthly report.
-Prepare monthly financial statements for various trusts and partnerships.
-Financial close and dissemination of financial statements to executive management.
-Prepare key performance indicator schedules.
-Prepare and maintain detailed investment, real estate and property schedules.
-Prepare schedules for annual audit.
-Other projects as assigned.
Grand Homes offers: Opportunity for Advancement, Competitive Salary, Medical and Life Insurance, 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation, Company Contests & Incentives and Employee discount on Grand Homes
- Reconciling monthly accounts to weekly management accounts
- Ensuring all balance sheet accounts
- Ensure accurate month end accounts
- Assist in the preparation of monthly accounts and review balance sheet reconciliations
- Produce monthly management accounts and cash flow forecasts
- Support the production of the monthly management accounts, quarterly financial reporting and annual statutory accounts
- Preparing monthly management accounts and ensure all balance sheet accounts are fully reconciled
- Perform monthly accounting activities, to include monthly management accounts, bank reconciliations, cash flow statements and balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing monthly financial accounts to strict deadlines
- Providing analysis on monthly reports
- Prepare monthly management accounts, budgets and forecasting
- Assisting in the preparation and analysis of monthly management accounts
- Maintaining balance sheet codes through monthly reconciliation and analysis
- Review, balance sheet reconciliations and consolidated accounts
- Assist in month end preparation & post month end analysis
- Assisting with the production of monthly management accounts
- Preparing accurate monthly balance sheet reconciliations and assisting in any discrepancies
- Support the fixed asset senior accountant on monthly and ad-hoc fixed asset tasks
- Produce profit and loss/balance sheet information on a monthly basis and maintain the management accounts
- Ensuring accurate and timely preparation of monthly management accounts and day to day management of the accounts team
Education/Experience: Minimum 2 years of accounting experience.
· Degree in Accounting or equivalent
· Proficient in Microsoft Office – Strong Excel skills mandatory
· Understanding and proficient knowledge of accounting and finance principles.
· Have good time management and project management skills.
· Have good analytical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
· Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Must be self-motivating, hard-working, analytical and proactive.
· Must be able to work well with individuals at all levels, inside and outside the organization.
Required Organizational Competencies