(TN/MPG/29238) Spanish Bilingual Buyer (Entry to Mid level)
A leading international automotive parts manufacturer in the Nashville, TN area is searching for a dedicated Spanish Bilingual Buyer.
Relocation Support will not be provided
· Develop cross functional sourcing strategies and recommendations to report to management on new model sourcing and cost reduction opportunities
· Analyzes bid proposals and negotiates contract terms and conditions.
· Issue supplier pricing contracts.
· Tracks tool status and follows-up with suppliers to expedite orders as necessary to meet launch deadlines.
· Establish and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers and visits supplier facilities as necessary.
· Review Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to monitor supplier performance
· Resolve billing and shipping disputes between suppliers and accounts payable/production control.
· Develop strategies which maximize global synergies, reduce program costs, and improve quality and delivery performance.
· Participate in and at times lead savings activities with suppliers and internal cross-functional departments through process reviews on purchase parts
· Issue RFQ's (Request for Quote). Negotiate with key suppliers for best cost, quality and delivery conditions related to supply of components for new business
· Support Engineering Change Requests and Cost Savings Projects
· Develop department flow charts to be TS/ISO compliant as the purchasing role continues to grow throughout the organization
· Manage annual supplier cost reduction activity
· BS. in Supply Chain Management, Purchasing and Supply Management, or related experience
· 1 to 3 years experiences preferred as a Buyer/Purchaser in a manufacturing setting. Entry level candidates will be considered as well
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish is Mandatory
· Shows initiative, a sense of urgency and applies problem solving skills to ensure meeting deadlines
· Interacts with staff & vendors with professionalism, mutual respect, integrity, and a can-do spirit
· Must be proficient with PC programs, i.e. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power point), Gmail
Activ8 Recruitment & Solutions / Renaissance Resources Inc., has been one of the leading recruiting firms in North America when it comes to working with Japanese Businesses for almost 20 years. Our services are based on the needs of our clients, and we connect them with qualified candidates in the Automotive, Electronics, Food & Beverage, Logistics, Manufacturing, and Oil & Gas industries. With the recent expansion to California and the NYC/NJ area, our coastal offices have started working with clients in the Banking, Finance, and Entertainment Industries. We like to take the approach of working one on one with each of you to ensure that we have the best understanding of your background and what it is you are looking for in a career.
If you feel you can make positive contributions to our company, and think this is the position for you, please don’t hesitate to send us your resume right away!
This position includes manufacturing and warehousing work environment. While performing the duties of this job you may be required to intermittently sit, stand, walk, lift up to 25 pounds, lift in excess of 25 pounds with a lift assist, climb stairs, use hands to handle or feel parts/equipment, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend at the waist, talk and hear. You may also be required to use close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and peripheral vision.
We screen ALL Candidates to verify the validity of each applicant with criminal background / Social Security verification. Upon submitting your resume, we will contact only those candidates that we deem qualified for our client. If we do not contact you, we do not see the fit for the position. If we are unable to reach you in a reasonable time frame, you will be eliminated from the pool of potential candidates.
Direct applicants only. We do not accept any resumes from any third party organizations or other recruiters.
Supply Chain Management
Supplier Performance Management