Job Title : Technical Field Customer Service Rep Positions Supervised: 0
Dept. / Division: Information/Technology FLSA Class: Non-Exempt
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years Status: Full Time
Location: Manassas, VA
Industry: Public Safety – Fire Service Communications
Westnet, Inc. is the leader in providing public safety/fire communications to fire departments throughout the country. The Company is seeking a high-energy, customer-focused Technical Field Service Representative to deliver excellent customer service and join our Services Team. We are looking for a self-motivated, team-oriented individual who will work closely with our installation, engineering, technical support and project management personnel to ensure quality installation and service of our communications systems.
The identification of Duties and Responsibilities does not display an exhaustive list of all duties that may be assigned to this position, nor does it restrict the related work that may be assigned to this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Repair and/or Install, commissioning and maintenance of our communications systems in public safety facilities, both in state and out of state
• Installation or repair of low voltage wiring that may be in attics, crawl spaces and other confined spaces
• Such facilities can include: Federal institutes, military installations, airport and/or fire stations
• Complete all wiring, connections and equipment installations ensuring that contractual requirements are met
• Conduct and perform troubleshooting, resolution, documentation and follow-up to the customer’s satisfaction
• Data Entry in computer system
• Perform after-hours emergency technical support via telephone, computer systems and/or at customer location.
• Travel required for onsite repairs (see bottom of JD for travel requirements)
• Provide telephone/email/chat and remote diagnostic technical support of alerting systems
• Answer customer technical inquiries and troubleshooting requests in a timely fashion
• Assist customers by diagnosing problems and providing resolutions for technical and service issues
• Answers questions about operation, configuration and use of product
• Investigates causes and recommend solutions of failures
• Prioritize support cases based on customer support levels and urgency
• Verifies warranty entitlement status
• Initiate appropriate telephone follow-up to ensure complete customer satisfaction
• Follow-up on open support cases weekly until they are resolved
• Responsible for transmitting technical support documentation to customers
• Maintains accurate information to enable prompt answers to customer questions
• Create, update and manage customer services cases and start up through Microsoft CRM
• Assist technical and IT staff in accomplishing departmental tasks
• Participate in the development and implementation of departmental procedures and methods
• Continuously review the collected technical support information for accuracy and updates as necessary
• Research equipment and components to develop tests and repair procedures, troubleshooting techniques and documents
• Run customer service case reports and manage outstanding issues with customer and technical staff
• Assist in the maintenance to troubleshooting guidelines
• Provide a pleasant and positive attitude with customers
• Provide Level 1 and Level 2 support
Performs other duties, tasks or projects as requested and assigned by supervisor or management.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• 3-5 years of experience
• Good Driving Record
• ANSI/TIA/EIA Cabling Standards & Terminating of cables
• Experience working on construction lifts and ladders
• Strong attention to detail; Detail Orientated
• Outstanding Organizational Skills
• Outstanding Customer Service Skills
• Keeping work environment clean and safe
• Great Phone Skills
General: Must demonstrate strong listening, problem-solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
Technical: Efficient in troubleshooting customer’s technical problems.
Communication: Exceptional/Strong communication skills both, written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to present idea in business-friendly and user-friendly language. Ability to respond effectively to co-workers, management and customers.
Teamwork/Team Player Skills: Strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times. Thrive in a team environment and work well with others. Enjoy working as a team member as well as independently. Someone that can display being a team leader in addition to being a team player.
Mathematical & Reasoning: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers and decimals.
Computer: Advanced and proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel & Word); must be able to navigate the internet efficiently, as well as other industry-specific technology tools used within the organization.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
Physical Demands: This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and reach with hands and arms for at least 2/3 or more of the normal work shift. Ability to sit continuously for over 1/3 of normal work shift. Ability to talk and hear continuously. Ability to hear and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, phones, etc. Finger dexterity is required frequently for over 2/3 of normal work shift. Ability to frequently lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds independently or more with assistance.
Vision: Ability to see close range (clear or corrected vision at 20 inches or less), Ability to see at distance (clear or corrected vision at 20 feet or more). Ability to observe an area, being able to see up and down or to the left and right while keeping eyes fixed on a given point (peripheral vision), Ability to see color, depth perception and ability to focus are high in this position.
Work Environment: Position is performed in both an office and out in the field. The office environment has standard equipment and moderate noise levels (examples: computers, printers, fax, copiers, light traffic, and phone). While performing some duties on this job, the employee will have to go on job sites to install or sign off on installations in which conditions could be louder. Employee maybe required to wear hard hats as well as any mandated safety requirements while on a job / construction site.
Employee will need to wear company assigned shirts, pants that are free of holes, rips, tears, or fading, steal toe boots, safety vest or any PPE issued for safety.
Travel: 80% of position is spent out on the field for on-site service. 20% of position is in the office.
Other Duties: Please note this job description, is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Pre-Employment skills test will be administrated
Final candidate subject to background check
May be required to work weekends and holidays as business necessitates
Attention To Detail