Panum is looking to hire a Purchasing Agent for an awarded contract we have with the US Coast Guard. The length of this contract is for 3 years. The location is Baltimore, MD.
We are looking for candidates who will work independently with little oversight by the Government and be experienced, skilled and knowledgeable in all aspects of Federal Government acquisition (i.e. requirements development, acquisition planning, solicitation development, proposal evaluation, negotiations, source selection, contract administration and contract closeout). Have the ability to communicate with USCG Program Management personnel about the details of technical requirements acquisitions provide advice, guidance and counsel on how to handle complex acquisition contracts and processes.
- Effectively work with technical experts and assist with processing procurement packages for commercial and non-commercial supplies and services below $250k.
- Provide superior customer service through open communications and timely award of requirements.
- Identify and utilize most appropriate method for simplified acquisitions that are compliant with all Federal, DHS, and Coast Guard acquisition regulations and policies.
- Draft solicitations and synopsis for response for both commercial and non-commercial supplies and services below $250k.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Knowledge of federal procurement rules and regulations (FAR, HSAR, HSAM and Coast Guard Acquisition Procedures (CGAP)
- Preferred proficiency with Coast Guard automated databases to include Naval and Electronics Supply Support System (NESSS), Workflow Imaging Network System (WINS), Fleet Logistics Software (FLS) system, Federal Procurement Desktop (FPD)/Core Accounting System (CAS), and Federal Procurement Data System – Next Generation (FPDS-NG)
- Possess experience in utilizing Microsoft® Power Point©, Microsoft® Word©, and Microsoft® Excel©
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in conducting Simplified Acquisitions
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
The Panum Group, LLC (Panum), head-quartered in Bethesda, Maryland is an Economically Disadvantaged Women Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) and an ISO 2001:9008 certified consulting firm that offers a magnitude of management consulting services and next-generation information and communications technologies. We provide our clients with high quality services in Information Technology, Federal Acquisition & Contract Management, Program & Project Management, Business & Strategy Consulting, Network Infrastructure & Security, Social Sciences and Research & Analysis, and Training. Due to a significant increase in both our Federal client base and contract awards over the last few years, our subject matter experts and skill set has been able to provide innovative and state-of-the-art solutions to both Federal and commercial clients.
View the full profile