JT4 is seeking a Programmer IV for our facility at Edwards Air Force Base in Lancaster / Palmdale, California.
Individual will convert and oversee conversion of data from project specifications and statement of problem and procedures to create or modify computer programs requiring and applying advanced knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, create, and maintain database systems utilizing some or all of the following database technologies: Oracle 11/12.
- Develop software solutions to business problems.
- Follow the software and system engineering lifecycle processes and provide recommendations for improving the processes.
- Coordinate with project stakeholders to ensure developed software solutions meet stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Manage schedule, quality and technical solution on assigned projects in coordination with project leadership.
- Provide recommendations for improvement to technology infrastructure.
- Prepares flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate a sequence of steps that a program must follow and to describe logical operations involved.
- Converts project specifications into a sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into a language readable by computers, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
- Designs and writes basic to moderately complex computer programs.
- Uses computer-aided software tools, such as flowchart design and code generation, in each stage of system development.
- Operates computer system to check out programs, troubleshoot and test systems.
- Monitors performance of programs after implementation.
- Analyzes, reviews, and alters computer programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt to new requirements.
- Prepares documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Develops user manuals to describe installation and operating procedures.
- Provides technical assistance to program users, as required.
- Provides work direction to subordinate department employees and may occasionally function as a work group lead.
- Bachelors’ degree in an associated discipline and at least 6 years’ related experience or have a Masters’ degree in an associated discipline and at least 2 years’ experience, or a Doctorate in an associated discipline.
- Relational database design/development, preferably on the Oracle platform.
- Possess intermediate to advanced knowledge of software and system engineering lifecycle and tools including requirements development, requirements management, design/modeling, implementation, testing, deployment, configuration management, and software sustainment.
- Possess experience and knowledge with PC operating systems and productivity software including: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Windows.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Programming; or equivalent technical training from an accredited academic institution, completion of a recognized certification program, or equivalent experience and demonstrated skills, knowledge, and technical competence in computer programming. Possess 9 years’ additional related experience.
- Current Secret Security Clearance with investigation conducted within the last 5 years.
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possess a current state issued driver’s license.
- Must have secret security clearance.
C Sharp (Programming Language)
Active Server Pages (Asp)
Hyper Text Markup Language (Html)
Java Script (Programming Language)
Sql (Programming Language)