To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Nashville, TN
- Shelton Dickson (feel free to call)
- Phone: (615) 269-6030 x301
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Technical Application Support Analyst (bring dog to work or work from home)
Dickson Resources • Nashville, TN
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Do you want a position in a smaller company where your work is important and actually makes a real difference and is appreciated? Do you thrive under situations that require YOU to come up with your own solutions rather than following the same boring script? Would you like to work at a company where tech was #1, not a cost to the company?
Dickson Resources (DicksonResources.com) is seeking a Software Support Specialist / Technical Application Support Analyst for a permanent salaried position with one of our clients. (NOT a contract to hire)
This client offers some work from home and you can bring your behaved dog to work. You also get to pick your own hardware.
Dickson Resources www.dicksonresources.com is a premier IT Recruiting firm that is is candidate focused, instead of only being being client focused. We believe the mission of a good IT Recruiting firm is to focus on a positive transparent experience for candidates which will in turn provide clients what they seek, the best talent. Your inquiry with us is always 100% confidential. Our service is always free to candidates and paid for by our clients.
Our client has a passion for software and it’s more than a claim. They are a fast moving startup (but they have been around since 2014) and are only looking for those that fit into this culture. They are committed to providing the best software services to manage niche financials in an industry that has 78 billion in revenue and ripe for disruptive fin tech.
They are looking for folks with: agile minds, able to see beyond the obvious, are extremely self motivated and act effectively in an ever-changing small business startup. At every level agile thinking is nurtured. And at every level, agile minds are rewarded with competitive pay, support and opportunities to excel.
The Software Support Team is responsible for providing technical application support for the client’s premier flagship application.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● #1 Must have skill: Take ownership of issues with the application and drive the problem through completion working with all business lines in a small startup environment. You must be a driver!
● Provide hands on technical support and post-mortem root cause analysis using Incident Management, Service Request fulfillment, Change Management, Knowledge Management, and Problem Management
● Build up technical subject matter expertise on the applications being supported including business flows, application architecture, API’s and light Database structure knowledge. Maintain documentation, knowledge articles, and runbooks
● Build and maintain effective and productive relationships with the stakeholders in business, development, infrastructure, and third party systems / data providers & vendors
● Approach support with a proactive attitude, desire to seek root cause, in-depth analysis, and strive to reduce inefficiencies and manual efforts
● Will perform testing against application API’s loading data to help the Software Dev Team understand issues customers are experiencing.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
● Jr to Mid Software Development skills with great people and communication skills or previous relevant experience for an analyst providing hands on IT support and interacting with application end users
● Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Computer Science or IT-related discipline (or equivalent work experience/diploma/certification)
● ****Exceptional professional written and professional oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience and with executive levels, and good analytical and problem solving skills. You will be communicating with several teams and being diligent with follow up. If you don’t like continual follow up, attention to data detail and nuanced clarification to completion this is the wrong job for you.
● MySQL query creation, execution, and efficient usage of any SQL tool of your choosing (Toad, etc..)
● Must have experience loading data into API Test Harnesses to replicate issues for Dev Team. Experience with PostMan (
● Experience looking at application logs or experience with some command line is preferred.
Nice to haves but NOT required:
● Jira or other similar tool.
● Strong familiarity with API’s. If you can code to an API then you more than meet this qualification. Most API work will be created by the Dev team and test harnesses will be provided.
This Technology Support Team is responsible for the voice of the customer and will guide the Development Teams to find issues and work to resolve them for valued clients counting on delivery. The Dev Teams develop and maintain the software required to support the entire business, so the work you do directly impacts Product and Customers. The team works closely with the business and other units to reduce complexity and risk, improve usability, and enable business growth through hands on technical customer service.
This client is a technology-driven company that will continue to gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in this new niche market with 78 billion in total revenue.
They are making investments into digital technology to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. They are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists nationwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for clients.
If you join this client you’ll constantly be looking ahead. Together you will capitalize on new technological trends that can reshape business and deliver value for clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
At the same time, bring your dog to work and get some allowance to work from home!
Why not apply NOW?
Dickson Resources www.dicksonresources.com is a premier IT Recruiting firm based in Nashville, TN.
If you are an IT Professional, we want to hear from you!
If you appreciate our mission to provide a quality job search experience for IT candidates, please contact us even if you aren’t a fit for this exact position or you are just curious to learn more.