Direct Hire and Temp to Perm positions first shift - 7AM to 3:30PM and 3rd Shift 10:30PM to 7AM
How we do business, our code of business ethics:
We have always placed a high priority on the standards by which we do business, because we believe that how we work is as important as what we do. We have improved our governance processes and enhanced our Code of Business Ethics, in order to achieve our commitment to manage our business according to the highest ethical standards.
Absolute integrity: Always acting with honesty and transparency in all that we do. Doing the right thing even if it means losing business. Keeping our promise and commitments. Treating our people and business partners with fairness and respect.
Empowerment: Creating an entrepreneurial culture where people can take initiative and succeed. Challenging our people to grow and reach their highest potential, individually and collectively. Trusting our people to take personal ownership and accountability and learn from their experiences.
Customer Focus: Partnering with our customers to enhance their productivity and performance. Listening to customer challenges and actively anticipating their future requirements. Delivering on our commitments to meet customer needs.
Restless Innovation: Continuously improving products, services and business processes. Constantly finding ways to enhance personal, customer and product performance to create maximum value. Challenging the status quo.
High Performance: Delivering strong and sustainable value for our shareholders. Performing to the highest standards against the commitments we make internally to one another and externally to our customers. Developing resilient businesses that are best in class. Acting with urgency without compromising quality, safety, the environment and our integrity.
Position Summary: The Machine Operator I performs safe and efficient operation of automation equipment and machinery. Monitors and tests components and finished goods at all stages of manufacturing to ensure consistent quality. Makes necessary adjustments, repairs and change-overs to equipment as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates automation equipment and machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
- Tests components and finished goods using calipers, height gauges, torque testers, etc. to ensure all goods are being produced as per quality standards and practices set forth; and records data.
- Prepares components and materials necessary to be installed in and utilized by the automation machinery.
- Makes necessary adjustments, repairs, and change-overs to equipment as needed.
- Recognizes problems with equipment and components on an on-going basis; determines how they may affect the operation of the equipment and the quality of the products being produced.
Practices good housekeeping and extreme care while working around powered automation equipment and ensures all safety procedures and company policies are followed.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, and work over equipment for long periods of time.
- Ability to follow instructions pertaining to the processing and testing of all machinery, equipment, and materials.
- Knowledge and application of measuring tools such as calipers, depth micrometers, torque testers, etc.
- Ability to differentiate types of materials, colors, practices, and applications.
- Ability to analyze problems and provide solutions which will minimize equipment down-time.
- Ability to work closely with others to form a strong team spirit, and to offer training to others.
- Basic math skills are needed, along with the ability to utilize basic hand tools.
- 3+ years previous experience operating machinery.
- Prior automation equipment experience preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be a good team player and have the ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
Minimum Educational Requirements
· HS Diploma (or equivalent) preferred.