RN Nursing Home Surveyor / Complaint Investigator - Long Island Region
Long Island - Become SMQT Certified!
Based out of Central Islip, this Registered Nurse travel position assists the New York State Department of Health conducting surveillance and investigation of Nursing Homes. Responsibilities include the following:
- annual certification, recertification, state monitoring and off hour surveys at nursing homes;
- investigating allegations of abuse and neglect; preparing written reports of investigative findings and preparing Statement of Deficiencies reports;
- participating in emergency surveys at Skilled Nursing Facilities;
- participating in State monitoring during Immediate Jeopardy situations.
This position is majority travel, will be onsite at facilities in Nassau and Suffolk counties and Queens (Far Rockaway). Mileage and accommodation reimbursement provided. Non-travel days are based out of the NYSDOH Central Islip office.
IPRO offers competitive salaries, comprehensive health and dental coverage, direct deposit and referral bonuses.
- Superior investigative and analytical skills; proficient in conducting interviews with facility staff, residents and families.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to achieve customer satisfaction in difficult or controversial situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relate effectively to providers, physicians, residents and senior medical and administrative personnel.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn new programs.
- The ability to obtain Surveyor Minimum Qualifications Test (SMQT) certification within 12 months of employment, required.
- Able to travel to on-site facility review assignments, required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- New York Licensed Registered Nurse, required.
- A minimum of two years experience performing utilization review, claims adjudication, medical review, fraud investigation, surveillance or monitoring activities, required; OR
- Three years of clinical or administrative experience, required; OR
- A Bachelor’s degree in nursing and two years of clinical or administrative experience, required.
- SMQT Certification, preferred.
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO offers competitive salaries, comprehensive health and dental coverage.
IPRO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Electronic Medical Record
Arm Hand Steadiness
Conducting Physical Examinations