Environmental StoneWorks “start to finish” philosophy allows the company to understand the needs and challenges of today’s builder far beyond that of any stand-alone manufacturer. The design, manufacture, installation and warranty support all happen under one roof.
Every challenge comes with opportunity. Are you up for it?
Because you will be in charge of managing product and company resources, you must be a person with integrity who always does the right thing, even when it’s not popular with your co-workers. This approach does not flow out of the need to be boss, tell others what to do or be right all the time. Rather, you have an inner desire for excellence and a need to serve your employer’s best interests not your own. You understand through experience that when things are done right, everyone benefits and the team succeeds together.
You are most satisfied in a role where expectations are spelled out ahead of time and job responsibilities are clearly defined. You like to “own” the process to keep it manageable, repeatable and predictable. While others might at times get bored with a lack of variety, you enjoy being able to master your work and refine it to a high level of precision and accuracy. Order, structure and organization – these are words that motivate and inspire you to be your best.
The Inventory Control Associates will work in a production plant environment and also be comfortable interacting in an office setting. They must follow strict safety rules and wear appropriate uniform and footwear. One of their main tools will include a clipboard and/or electronic tablet to record inventory items and access company databases to check orders as necessary. This associate will report to the Plant Leader or General Manager.
A high school degree or equivalent is needed for this position. Relevant industry certifications and previous experience in a similar position may also be preferred. Inventory control associates must be able comfortably use basic math skills to analyze and process resource allocation. They also must work well independently and in a team environment, and be proficient in the use of basic office software, including Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with inventory in a warehouse or manufacturing environment
- Capacity to follow written and verbal procedures and other general instructions.
- Pays attention to detail and cares about the quality of their work.
- Good analytical skills using basic math computation.
- Ability to communicate with others in a respectful and professional way.
- Consistent and reliable attendance is critical.
- Excellent Safety record
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- Develop working relationships and solid knowledge base for all inventory processes.
- Verify accuracy of orders that have been picked and staged by the Yard Forklift Operators.
- Read labels on crates and boxes to compare what has been staged for a truck versus what is marked on the ticket.
- Communicate clearly and effectively any discrepancies or mistakes.
- Maintain a positive and teamwork-focused attitude with all employees even when pointing out their mistakes.
We offer work year round, weekly pay and benefits packet (medical, dental, vision, 401K).
Job Type: Full-time