To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- LUTHERAN GENERAL HOSPITAL Park Ridge, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Nursing Care Technician Oncology
Advocate Health Care • LUTHERAN GENERAL HOSPITAL Park Ridge, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
It’s More Than a Job, it’s a calling
JOB TITLE & DEPARTMENT
- LUTHERAN GENERAL HOSPITAL / PARK RIDGE, IL
- NIghts 11p-7a
- Part Time .8/32hrs per week
- UNIT: Oncology
JOB and UNIT SUMMARY:
To assist in providing quality patient care in a manner which is patient focused, technically appropriate and cost effective. The Nursing Care Technician works under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse in accordance with the standards of practice, within the guidelines of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act and the mission and philosophy of Advocate Lutheran General Hospital.
The NCT works in collaboration with the registered nurse as a partner in care of patients. The NCT recognizes the needs and behaviors of patients and various age groups and provides care in a manner that is age appropriate. The NCT strives for quality patient care which assures the customer is treated in a holistic manner with dignity and respect.
This position needs to recognize needs and behaviors of specific age groups of patients treated. If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Provides general patient care duties that are specific to the patient population served and as directed by the registered nurse
Documents, in the electronic medical record, all care provided in real time at the point of care
Participates in the admission, transfer, and discharge process of all patients under the supervision of the registered nurse
Performs tasks related to meeting the nutritional needs of the patient
Performs tasks related to maintaining the integrity of patient care standards and efficient unit operations
- Certified Nursing Assistant OR Nursing Student with first clinical completed OR Paramedic OR LPN with current IL license
- Good communication skills
- Courteous and professional interpersonal skills
- Basic math calculation skills
- Basic Life Support Certification within 90 days of hire Ability to demonstrate a commitment to patient-focused care
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with established time constraints and in difficult situations
- May be exposed to hazardous materials and life-threatening diseases
- Ability to perform heavy lifting/transfer activities related to patients (lifting 50 to 100 pounds occasionally and/or 25 to 50 pounds frequently and/or 10 to 20 pounds constantly.)
- Ability to work designated shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to transport objects from one location to another
expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
JOIN ADVOCATE HEALTH CARE – RECOGNIZED AS ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO WORK IN ILLINOIS!