To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Metairie, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
HVAC - Sales Representative
Baker Distributing Company • Metairie, LA
Posted 2 months ago
Be a disruptor. Join the most talented team in the industry.
You may be asking yourself, “Why would I want to work in HVAC? That sounds pretty boring.” Guess what? Baker Distributing Company is not only one of the largest distributors of HVAC, refrigeration and food service equipment, but we are disrupting the distribution industry every single day as we transform our company into a world-class supply chain - and that is far from boring.
At Baker, we are utilizing emerging technologies and innovations to diversify our portfolio and our service offerings.
People are the core of our business – those that work for us (our employees), those that work with us (our suppliers and vendors) and those that we work for (our customers). While some of our employees are the most experienced in the industry, we are always seeking new talent with fresh ideas to help us utilize emerging technologies to deliver the best-in-class customer experience. If you have a keen sense of respect – for yourself and others; an unfaltering devotion to integrity; the drive to provide consistency; the tenacity to strive for excellence; and embody the spirit of teamwork, we would love to talk with you.
Company Website: http:www.bakerdist.com
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Baker Distributing will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Baker Distributing Branch or contact
The Sales Representative is responsible for managing HVAC residential and contractor sales, including support products, for one of our established wholesale HVAC distributorship that carries multiple brands of equipment, parts and supplies. The ultimate goal of this role is to develop client relationships to be able to sell, acquire and maintain a strong customer base supporting a Sales Center in a designated territory.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Represent Baker Distributing Company as a leader in the industry.
Secure maximum market share and sales dollars consistent with established sales policies and programs.
Solicit new accounts and dealers and develop market strategies.
Maintain direct personal contact with all assigned accounts and foster relations with new ones.
Take proactive approach to sales development and problem solving.
Resolve customer relations problems and issues with clients within a timely manner.
Serve as a host at dealer meetings, conferences, conventions, incentive trips and all other similar functions.
Participate as requested in home product shows, utility sponsored events, industry associations, etc. Attend, when necessary, training classes to acquire the skills to meet our customers’ needs and expectations and to keep abreast with technical developments and changes in product lines.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) Required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Must possess a clean driving record with no restrictions, suspensions or DUI convictions in the past 3 years.
- Minimum 2-4 years sales experience within the HVAC industry, preferably with experience in the operations of a wholesale
- HVAC equipment supply house.
- Proven work history in the sales and marketing arenas with proficiency in air conditioning, heating and ventilation equipment at a wholesale distribution level.
- 2-4 years of experience in residential and commercial contractor relationships.
- Proven success in sales, marketing, operations and leadership roles.
- Proven success in establishing and meeting sales goals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Licensing and Certifications: Valid driver license
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- The employee frequently is required to stand sit or walk, climb, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may use equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks and other warehouse equipment.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate on all levels within internal and external groups.
- Excellent customer service mindset with the ability to develop long term relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical aptitude with a proven ability to analyze/interpret data
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong estimating and negotiation skills
- Proactively seeks continuous process and service improvements
- Ability to give quality presentations
- Ability to work independently but meet assigned goals and objectives in designated time frames.
- Must possess the attitude of wanting to lean, teach and lead.