Are you looking to join a dynamic team where you have the autonomy and challenge that lets you learn and grow your career? Are you energized when you know that your contributions matter and make a difference in business success? If yes, then Badger Meter may be a great place for you!
Badger Meter is seeking a Senior Electronic Engineer to work in our Racine location. We are looking for an experienced Electronic Engineer that can help mentor our growing team! Our Electronic Engineers develop the embedded designs driving the next generation of electronic meters. For more than 110 years, Badger Meter has provided strong, stable financial growth, in turn providing employees with the opportunity to build long, successful careers. As a leading manufacturer of flow measurement technology, Badger Meter offers many opportunities to measure what matters in protecting the world’s water and other precious resources. Our company is large enough to continually drive market innovation, all while we maintain a collaborative and flexible working atmosphere.
This Senior Electronic Engineer is responsible for all aspects of electronic engineering related to product design for precision instrumentation including firmware (DSP/Microcontroller programming in C and Assembly language); digital circuitry (logic, gating and timing); analog circuitry and sensor signal conditioning. Will work closely with sales and marketing to develop products and define specifications. Will work with project and quality managers to allow for timely delivery and quality while minimizing cost and inventory. The Senior Electronic Engineer provides oversight of maintenance activities for a product line, may act as new product development project engineer, or may serve as a project lead engineer for other projects. The Senior Engineer will be a key mentor to other engineers.
Major job duties/accountabilities:
- Acts as NPD or other Project lead engineer
- Sustaining engineering - Provides oversight of maintenance activities for a product line
- Ensures company procedures are followed (self and mentees)
- Defines the scope of a task/project
- Develops or provide input to schedules and budgets
- Executes to schedule/budget to meet targets
- Defines and controls product designs
- Directly responsible for product/process performance
- Manages engineering change processes
- May be accountable to lead Project Manager or Principle Engineer.
- Ability to determine risk and define mitigation methods
- Communicate status and solutions to management
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-discipline team
- Ability to define the resources and time to complete projects
- Mentors electronic engineers on the team