To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Prudhoe Bay, AK 99734
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
AV Support Specialist
PFI Tech • Prudhoe Bay, AK
Posted 1 month ago
PFI Tech is currently seeking an experienced AV Support Specialist to provide support at our client site in Prudhoe Bay, AK 99734. This will be a full-time employee opportunity. The ideal candidate will have 3-5+ years of experience with the support and management of AV environments preferably in corporate or enterprise setting. Please review the description and qualifications below and submit resume for immediate consideration.
This position is for onsite assistance only and is responsible for collaborating with our client’s management team and other company employees to deliver an array of customer service focusing on integration and installation assistance in conference rooms. Candidate will have a deep technical understanding of digital and analogue audio and video signal processing standards and protocols and familiarity with the Audio-Visual engineering disciplines associated with complex environments such as auditoria, boardrooms, flexible presentation spaces; and AV equipped meeting rooms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Management of onsite AV Technical Management, including configuration & installation of AV devices
● Perform routine testing and problem diagnosis for projectors, microphones, speakers, amplifiers & LCD/Plasma Displays
● Perform preventative maintenance to resolve problem or identify resolution to appropriate vendor or manufacturer
● Coordinate with AV equipment OEMs for resolution/workarounds, when required
● Assist with company meetings/functions that require use of AV infrastructure (audio, video conferencing, webcasting, visual display or projection, and control system (AMX, Crestron) operations
● Interact with client Customer Help Desk ticketing system to respond to end user requests
● Coordinates with client staff to determine AV basic infrastructure requirements for any new conference room or media design
● Setup and breakdown of all onsite meetings
● Daily system testing to ensure equipment and room functionality
● Responsible for escalating all “next level” break fix issues to their manager for resolution
● Perform remote testing for local and regional offices
● Ensure all AVS spaces are presentable for use
● Polycom AV equipment management and configuration
● Videoconferencing experience including operation, call set-up and equipment
● Establishing and testing of individual and group VC sessions, i.e. meeting support, including consultation of users on best possible connection type
Skills and Abilities
● Effective communication and interaction with employees, clients, and colleagues and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
● Ensure operational availability of all dedicated audio visual and Video Production environments
● Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
● Basic computer knowledge
● Ability to balance multiple tasks with changing priorities
● Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
● Demonstrated customer service focus and client communication skills
Education / Expertise
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant Diploma in technical area
● 3-5+ years of industry experience in fields relating to technical management of AV environments
● Certification from respected vendors, Cisco, Avaya, Polycom a Plus
● ITIL v3. Foundation a Plus
● Cisco - CCNA Video, CCNA Routing & switching
● AMX (Equivalent Crestron Certification)
● Biamp Tesira & control software
● Christie Spyder & control software
Client currently uses Cisco Telepresence, Polycom immersive studio flex along with collaboration tools like HIVE, ACE etc. In addition, customer also uses custom developed A/V solutions that we need to support.
Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug screening
Maintains the ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push, pull and lift items weighing 50 lbs or less