Our client is a fast-growing, mid-sized 3PL offering domestic transportation services, including dedicated delivery network management. It is currently implementing a new, nationwide local/regional delivery network for a major customer and will operate it going forward. It seeks to hire an experienced Terminal Manager in Las Vegas NV to lead the receiving and distribution operations of a cross-dock type facility. The local/regional network was recently designed. The new manager will lead efforts to drive continuous improvement and ensure a high degree of customer service.
The Terminal Manager will oversee the receipt, sortation and outbound transportation for the distribution of office products, boxed paper and other miscellaneous goods. Eligible candidates should have prior warehouse management and final mile transportation experience.
- Oversee transportation, distribution and maintenance operations performance.
- Lead transportation and warehouse staff to deliver cost efficiency and high levels of service.
- Set up warehouse layout and ensure efficient space utilization.
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures,
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security.
- Liaise with clients, vendors and independent contractor drivers.
- Plan staffing work rotations, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results.
- Recruit, select, orient, coach and motivate employees.
- Produce reports and statistics regularly.
- At least 5 years of final mile delivery experience with some warehousing experience.
- Experience in managing driver route delivery and equipment maintenance.
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or equivalent work experience.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Training And Development