The Senior Accountant position provides moderate to complex worldwide (US & International) accounting, reporting, reconciliations and analyses to department and regional managers and member committees. The position provides an internal control review of transactions and provides process documentation, and back-up to other functional accounting areas.
· Coordinate the foreign and domestic wire disbursements process and issue letters of authorization to release funds from local bank accounts.
· Initiate wire payment transactions and works with banking and vendors to update systems.
· Accounting research, analysis, reconciliations of general ledger and bank accounts
· Review accounts payable transactions and reconcile them to supporting documents.
· Handle cash remittances
· Measure and account for transactions denominated in foreign currency and calculate their effect on the accounts. Prepare foreign exchange gain/loss worksheet to calculate foreign currency gain/loss and prepare report and book journal entries.
· Close month-end and year-end and prepare period and annual financial reports
· Calculate bad debt and foreign currency gains/losses
· Process approved journal entries upload transactions.
· Research and resolve payment discrepancies and issues.
· Maintain vendor profile cards in the accounting system (eg, vendor status, default account presets, bank details, and tax information).
· Assist in review and implementation of changes and upgrades to the accounting system.
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
· Required Qualifications:
o At least 5 years relevant work experience
o CPA or candidate for CPA
o Relevant experience with non-USD currencies
o Solid skill level with MS Excel (intermediate)
· Desired Qualifications:
o Experience with Western Union cash transfer interface
o Portuguese language (practical proficiency)
o Relevant MS Dynamics GP (Great Plains) v2018 experience
Standard Accounting Practices