To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
150 Lake Drive
Rhinebeck, NY 12572
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Omega Institute For Holistic Studies, Inc. • Rhinebeck, NY
Posted 1 month ago
Reports to: Editorial Director
This position supports and works in partnership with the Editorial Director on the development and production of content and materials for Omega’s print and online platforms to raise the awareness and standing of Omega’s programs, brand, and mission. A major focus of this position is to serve in a project management role to oversee marketing projects.
Since 1977, Omega has served as a gathering place for great thinkers, creative talent, spiritual teachers, and social visionaries. From nurturing early dialogues on the integration of modern medicine and natural healing to designing programs that connect science, spirituality, and creativity, Omega has grown into one of the largest and most trusted centers for lifelong learning today. As a nonprofit organization, Omega is committed to an integrated approach to personal growth and social change.
Located on 250 acres in the beautiful Hudson Valley, Omega welcomes more than 500 teachers and 23,000 people annually to its workshops, conferences, and retreats in Rhinebeck, New York and at adjunct locations. We are expanding access to online learning opportunities to serve a growing global community of 2 million unique visitors per year at eOmega.org.
Core Staff benefits include health, dental, vision, life insurance, 403B plan, holidays, vacation, sick, and personal days. In addition, core staff enjoy use of campus property (lake/beach, tennis & basketball courts, the hiking trails and the sanctuary), can attend all optional classes that are offered to program participants as well as select over 1,500 specially designed classes that are offered only to the staff community. Core staff receive a complimentary catalog workshop as well as discounts on other catalog workshops, discounts in the Café, Omega Store, and Wellness Center. When campus is open, we are happy to extend complimentary lunch in the dining hall to staff when they are at work.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Serve as the project manager that contributes to planning and overseeing implementation of marketing and content creation strategies, projects, content production, and brand development
• Establish and maintain workflows and project timelines, including development and production of marketing materials, management of editorial proofing processes, and management of collaborative relationships with Centers, Initiatives, and other departments
• Write, edit, and proofread content for print and digital resources, including Omega’s course catalogs and brochures, website, e-communications, fliers, postcards, advertisements, correspondence, articles, and slideshows on an ongoing basis
• Implement and establish Omega’s editorial style in collaboration with the CMO, Editorial Director, and External Communications Director, and ensure that editorial style, voice, and brand consistency is maintained across multiple editorial platforms
• Manage workflow of editorial material in the K4 workflow system; provide annual training and in-house support for approximately 10 to 15 editorial users
• Provide leadership and inspiration to in-house and freelance writers and editors
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Editorial Director
1. Manage contracted copywriters and editors
a. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of contracted copywriters and editors on project-by-project basis
b. In accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws, responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training contracted copywriters and editors; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining workers; addressing complaints and resolving problems
2. Working with the Editorial Director to manage in-house editorial team
a. Responsible for planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems
1. This position functions in Omega’s administrative offices on the Omega campus.
2. Physical demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand, as necessary. Office workers aren't expected to perform heavy lifting regularly, but they may be expected to lift a box of paper, which weighs approximately 20 pounds.
3. This is a full-time position.
4. The days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. These times may fluctuate when special needs arise.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Omega complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable New York State or local laws. Consistent with those requirements, Omega will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
1. Proven team leadership experience and skills
2. Experience in developing and implementing creative editorial content
3. Experience with establishing and maintaining editorial brand identity
4. Exceptional writing, editing, copyediting, and proofreading skills
5. Awareness of trends and development in fields of interest to Omega
6. Impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail
7. Experience and/or familiarity with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe InCopy, CMS, project management software, SEO, and social media; ability to embrace and learn new software is required
8. Ability to work quickly, accurately, and gracefully under deadline pressure, independently and as part of a team
9. Understanding of the content of Omega’s programs and key initiatives
10. In alignment with Omega’s mission, goals and core values
After carefully reviewing the requirements below, qualified individuals are invited to apply. A resume and well-crafted cover letter should be attached that serves as an introduction and includes following:
1. Why are you applying for this role?
2. What can you offer Omega?
3. What do you imagine this role will offer you professionally and personally?
4. How do you know Omega’s work? Have you experienced us on campus or in some
5. other way?
6. In what way has your professional life reflected Omega's mission statement?
7. In what way has Omega’s core values resonated within your work life and personal
9. Which core value do you resonate with most fully and why?
10. What are your salary requirements? (Feel free to state a range.)
11. How did you find out about this position?
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in completing this application to the extent required by applicable law. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Omega, such as providing an application with larger font for applicants with impaired vision.
Please inform Omega’s People & Culture Administrator if you need assistance completing the application process.