The Promotion in Motion Companies, Inc. (PIM) is one of North America’s premier makers of fruit snacks, confections and other treats. Ranked amongst the top 50 on Candy Industry Magazine’s “Global Top 100” confectionery companies in the world, PIM has also been named as one of the fastest growing CPG companies in the U.S. by The Boston Consulting Group and IRI, the fourth time in six years to receive this recognition.
At PIM our goal is simple: We delight consumers with delicious, high quality snacks and confections. Our commitment is to develop, manufacture and market the highest quality products in a responsible, ethical and transparent manner. We put consumers at the core of what we do and are continually looking to improve our people, knowledge, processes and technologies to accomplish this.
We invite you to come and build a SWEET career at PIM. Our entrepreneurial environment is perfect for action-oriented individuals who enjoy a non-bureaucratic structure. Make an immediate and lasting impact while helping to grow iconic brands!
- Responsible for the uninterrupted operations of the heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems in the manufacturing plant and office facility. This includes installation, repair, upgrade, trouble-shooting and product recommendation.
- Interfaces with the plant, facilities and production management staffs as well the maintenance department. Reports food safety and quality problems to Plant Management to initiate action.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install, service and repair heating and air conditioning systems.
- Obtain and maintain all required certificates and ensure that systems are up to code.
- Report food safety and quality issues to Plant management and SQFP
- Follow PIM Brands GMP rules
- Monitor fellow employees for adherence to GMP’s.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies and procedures dealing with safety and clean workplace requirements.
- Inspect and test systems to verify compliance with plans and specifications and to detect and locate malfunctions.
- Recommend, develop and perform preventive and general maintenance procedures such as cleaning, power washing and vacuuming equipment, oiling parts and changing filters.
- Repair or replace defective equipment, components and wiring.
- Test electric circuits and components for continuity, using testing equipment.
- Reassemble and test equipment after repairs.
- Discuss heating/cooling system malfunctions with users to isolate problems or to verify that problems have been corrected.
- Record and report all faults, deficiencies and other unusual occurrences as well as time and materials expended on work orders.
- Test pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks using gauge or soap and water solutions.
- Adjust system controls to settings recommended by manufacturer specifications.
- Lay out and connect electrical wiring between controls and equipment.
- Install auxiliary components to heating/cooling equipment, such as expansion and discharge valves, air ducts, pipes, blowers, dampers, flues and stokers according to blueprints and/or verbal instructions.
- Install, connect and adjust thermostats, humidistats and timers.
- Generate work orders that address deficiencies in need of correction.
- Join pipes or tubing to equipment and to fuel, water or refrigerant source to form circuit.
- Assemble, position and mount heating or cooling equipment.
- Study blueprints, design specifications and manufacturer's recommendations to ascertain the configuration of heating or cooling equipment components to ensure proper installation.
- Cut and drill holes in floors, roof and walls for installation.
- Wrap pipes in insulation.
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipe or tubing.
- Fabricate, assemble and install duct work and chassis parts using portable metal-working tools and welding equipment.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling and crouching. Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and controls. Lifting and moving of objects weighing at least 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and considered to enable an individual to perform the essential job functions.
Job will generally be performed in the manufacturing plant. When on the plant floor it is representative of a large, busy manufacturing operation. Noisy, active, objects on the floor, constant movement and traffic flow of motorized equipment. Hair net, beard net, assigned work uniform, protective eye wear and gloves are among the GMP required apparel that must be worn, if indicated, on the plant floor.