Our client, a nationally recognized manufacturing company located in Mountaintop, PA has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Director of Engineering and Maintenance. This is a direct hire position with excellent benefits!
The Director of Engineering and Maintenance is responsible for:
· Lead and develop direct reports: Maintenance Manager, Project Engineers, Process Engineers, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering Interns, and Technicians.
· Provide technical leadership in 6 Sigma improvement (DMAIC, RCA, Capability, Stable Ops, DOE) while developing reports to master to these skills.
· Ensure efficient/effective use of resources (capital, manufacturing, maintenance, personnel). Personally manage multiple capital projects.
· Develop acute knowledge/implementation of new technology/product strategies balanced with leading continuous existing process improvement.
· Manage Capital Budget and maintain acute knowledge of its contents. Review and route for approval all capital requests.
· Act as the safety zealot for entire facility. Act as point person for contractor safety accountability at the site.
· Lead cross-functional and multi-site teams for large capital projects and major initiatives
· Work closely with the Maintenance Manager to develop and manage the maintenance budget.
· Ensuring the Maintenance Department is staffed, industries, and results-oriented through 24/7 operations
· Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in project engineering, also previous management and Maintenance experience.
· BS Degree in Engineering
· Six Sigma experience
· Excellent communication both written and verbal as well as experience making presentations
· Good interpersonal skills - Team Player
· Good mechanical aptitude including blueprint reading experience and basic understanding of Industrial equipment.
· Organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple priorities
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, AutoCAD, MiniTab, and SolidWorks.
· Proven decision-making skills to include problem identification, analysis and resolution.
· Proven Leadership skills.
· Proven ability to design, plan, manage and complete projects
· Ability to comprehend and apply quality engineering and technical principles and methods
· Flexible mindset – willing to learn, adapt, grow and develop
Capital Project Management
Lean Six Sigma