We have an exceptional opportunity for a Technical Service Engineer to join a global manufacturer delivering highly engineered services, customer-first solutions and essential electrode products . Utilizing your knowledge of metals manufacturing and furnace systems, you will provide technical services to customers and provide feedback and direction regarding customer perception of product application and performance used to improve processes and products. This engineer will provide customers with value-added service contributions that help to improve their production process and reduce costs.
Generous benefits and compensation package is provided for this key role. Relocation support is also provided to the Cleveland OH area home of Rock n Roll Hall of Fame! And not to mention, world class sporting venues, restaurants, events & attractions! It has a cost of living 23% below the US average with very affordable housing! Health insurance starts from day 1 and the company has matches for both Employee Savings Account and the 401k!
· This position will provide technical services to customers and provide feedback and direction regarding customer perception of product application and performance used to improve processes and products.
· This engineer will provide customers with value-added service contributions that help to improve their production process and reduce costs.
· Your time will be spent on 50% customer issues / 50% value added service
· Visit customers to acquire and enhance product application and competitive performance.
· Provide technical advice /service support to sales, sales office and other partners.
· Contribute to the development and implementation of account strategy.
· Analyze product performance and recommends commercial value added differentiation strategies.
· Assist with the customer complaint resolution process.
· Coordinate customer trials through sales.
· Lead or participates in continuous improvement projects.
- BS Electrical Engineering, or Electrical / Electronics Engineering Technology degree preferred but will consider different degree with relevant experience.
- Knowledgeable with furnace systems used in steel mills
- Must be experienced with three-phase power systems
- Basic understanding of how PLC automation works in an industrial environment
- Be able to troubleshoot issues with a physical entity such as a system; electrical, combustion, hydraulics, mechanical
- The candidate must have a strong electrical and technical background, be a self-starter and have well-disciplined work habits
- Capable of completing technical tasks with limited supervisory or other assistance.
- Must be able to take direction and ask for assistance when needed
- Moderate to strong ability to analyze related data, identify trends, and convert to action quickly.
- Moderate to strong knowledge of statistical methods skills.
- High level of confidence and capability with respect to presentation skills.
- Travel to production facilities and other high-level clients.
- Help clients Troubleshooting problems
- BSEE is a strong plus
- Advanced education is a plus.
- Any experience with arc furnace / electrodes a big plus
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Complex Problem Solving
Electric Power Systems