THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN ST. CLAIR, MICHIGAN (NOT ST. CLAIR SHORES)
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
Job Description: Quality Manager
The role will involve creating and /or augmenting the Quality systems, approaches and programs to achieve a proactive, customer focused organization. This will involve formulating an overall quality vision, setting quality goals and recommending organizational changes to achieve the set goal. He/She will create an environment conducive to continuous quality improvement and implement systems from APQP through production launch that nurture quality excellence. The successful candidate will be a hands on manager that engages the management team and drives action with a sense of urgency.
- § Lead all relevant Quality and cross-functional activities, with particular emphasis on the roll-out, support and appropriate verification of the Quality Management System..
- § Lead all Warranty management and remediation efforts, inclusive of customer relationship management and problem solving activities to actively manage and minimize warranty spend.
- § Monitor quality activities; customer and supplier (internal and external) quality, customer relationships, proactive continuous improvement activities, technical problem solving leadership and activities, corrective action activities, warranty and field action management.
- § Actively lead safety critical and field action activities as per Dana’s Product Safety and Field Action Notification and Approval Process.
- § Actively assist production with issue escalation as required.
- § Develop key metrics supporting customer satisfaction and plant operational goals.
- § Enforce Corporate Policies and Procedures and the corporate Quality Operating System.
- § Implement Corporate and BU Quality, Warranty and Technical Problem Solving systems and approaches.
- § Ensure 100% conformance to all customer and Dana policies and requirements.
- § Maintain and improve (and develop or remediate as necessary) quality systems consistent with the customer, Dana and TS16949 requirements, inclusive of a robust Management Review and auditing processes.
Bachelor’s degree required.
- § 10 years of experience in Quality with significant managerial / leadership experience. Significant global experience strongly preferred.
- § Preferred OEM or automotive experience
- § Knowledge of TS16949, ISO and AIAG requirements is mandatory
- § Motivated individual who accepts responsibility
- § Excellent organizational, team building, problem solving, planning, decision-making & interpersonal skills.
- § Excellent English language skills with secondary language capability desirable.
- § Proficiency in written and oral communications; PC software; and presentation skills.
- § Must be willing to travel as needed and work non-normal business hours.
Education Requirements:Bachelor's Degree
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Complex Problem Solving
Corrective And Preventive Actions