First Quality was founded in 1989 and, in nearly three decades, has grown to be a global privately held company with over 4,000 employees. Its corporate offices are located in Great Neck, New York, with manufacturing facilities and offices in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, and Canada. First Quality is a diversified family of companies manufacturing consumer products ranging from Absorbent Hygiene (adult incontinence, feminine care, and baby care), Tissue (bath and towel), and Industrial (print and packaging materials), serving institutional and retail markets throughout the world. First Quality focuses on private label and branded product lines.
Our core business philosophy is built on a proud culture driven by safety and quality, respect, humility, integrity, customer focus, and teamwork. With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes and visionary leadership, First Quality is positioned to continue significant growth in the coming years. We are seeking an experienced Plant Hygienist for our Nutek Disposables, Inc. located in McElhattan, PA.
This position will be responsible for the cleaning and sanitization program as well as the microbial risk mitigation program. This person will act as the subject matter expert on the cleaning and sanitization practices as well as the potential microbial risks for the facility.
Primary responsibilities include:
● Develop, maintain and monitor cleaning and sanitization program.
● Function as the plant sanitarian/hygienist.
● Monitor the cleaning and sanitization activities as they occur to provide improvements and ensure procedures are followed.
● Develop microbial risk program and mitigation strategies.
● Create, update or modify procedures to reflect new learning’s or best practices.
● Review swabbing results and micro limits data to identify trends and investigate out of specification or above action limit situations.
● Review, evaluate, and continuously improve environmental.
● Review, evaluate, and improve microbiology methods.
● Troubleshoot customer complaints to determine root cause and implement corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
● Train Quality and Operational personnel on the cleaning and sanitization procedures and hygienic practices.
● Provide technical support related to the following areas: cleaning and sanitization, microbial risk areas, design of experiment, quality improvements, and audits.
● Perform GMP and hygienic audits of the facility.
● Collaborate with suppliers to support efforts.
● Provide and implement recommendations for cleaning and sanitization practices.
● Ensure that all cleaning and sanitization procedures are followed and strictly adhered to.
● Maintain professional credentials and remain knowledgeable on best practices.
● Communicate project status to key stakeholders.
● Develop and conduct validation activities as needed.
● Support operational activities including validations and development activities.
● Other projects as assigned.