To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4 Crossroads Drive
Trenton, NJ 08691
- Ellen Snowhill
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Residential Teaching Associate
Eden Autism • Trenton, NJ
Posted 6 days ago
Become a Residential Teaching Associate at Eden Autism—
you’ll love the way we work!
Eden Autism is looking for energetic and compassionate people, Direct Support Professionals, to provide support to adults in our group homes and out in the community. This is an excellent opportunity if you enjoy teaching and coaching others, and would like to work for an organization where your passion could be turned into a rewarding job.
Experience working with people with autism or other disabilities is an advantage, but it’s not a requirement—we provide paid training and you will be working with others as a team. What IS required is a positive attitude and desire to succeed in helping others experience their best life.
Our group homes are located throughout Mercer County, with day centers situated in Hamilton and West Windsor. We have part-time and full-time positions available, and can offer a variety of schedules including week day, weekend, and awake overnight shifts, with three-day on/three-day off rotations—our employees find this flexibility perfect for their busy lives!
Great Pay, Great Benefits…..Check Out Our Generous Employee Package!
● Competitive hourly wages starting at $11.50 up to $14.50 per hour based on experience.
● Opportunity to earn an additional $3,000 incentive for each year of employment.
● $500 incentive after successful completion of a 90 day orientation/training period.
● Annual performance-based merit increase program
● Time-off benefits including paid vacation, sick, and personal days
● Medical/RX (three plans to choose from), dental, and vision insurance
● Paid life insurance equal to 1.5 times your annual base salary
● Retirement savings account with an employer match
● Employee discount programs including cell phone plans, shopping, and entertainment
● Excellent training programs including CPR and First Aid, medication administration, ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis),and crisis management
● Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 per year
● Access to Eden’s fitness rooms
● Employee assistance programs
● Employee recognition programs
● Wellness programs and health fairs
● A variety of full-time and part-time work schedules including a traditional 40-hour week, a rotating shift of three days on/three days off, Saturday/Sunday shifts and more!
Primary Responsibilities will include:
● Ensuring the safety of those we support at all times.
● Teaching the men and women we support basic life skills such as cooking, laundry, cleaning, and personal hygiene - on site and in community settings.
● Assisting with daily activities including shopping, leisure and recreational activities, and visits to the doctor.
● Driving individuals we support to and from our group homes and day centers and around the community.
● Keeping track of the growth of individuals as they learn new skills and providing related information to supervisors.
● Communicating with family members, colleagues, and supervisors and completing required reports.
● 18 years of age or older
● Valid driver's license with record in good standing (less than 5 points)
● Must pass a background check, including drug testing, fingerprinting, motor vehicle check, references, physical and Mantoux test
● Ability to meet physical requirements including being able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; use and maintain safe physical restraints as needed; and sit/stand/bend/reach for extended periods of time during the work day.
●Beginning to intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel. Comfortable using an Apple iPad for data collection.
If you’re looking for a rewarding and inspiring work environment, and are committed to making a difference in the lives of people with autism, we’d like to hear from you!
Eden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.