Create a Job Alert.Enter your email below to save this search and receive job recommendations for similar positions.
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.
Your Primary Responsibilities will include:
● Ensuring the safety of those we support at all times.
● Teaching the men and women we support basic life skills such as cooking, laundry, cleaning, and personal hygiene - on site and in community settings.
● Assisting with daily activities including shopping, leisure and recreational activities, and visits to the doctor.
● Driving individuals we support to and from our group homes and day centers and around the community.
● Keeping track of the growth of individuals as they learn new skills and providing related information to supervisors.
● Communicating with family members, colleagues, and supervisors and completing required reports.
● High school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred, but not required
● 18 years of age or older
● Valid driver's license with record in good standing (less than 5 points)
● Must pass a background check, including drug testing, fingerprinting, motor vehicle check, references, physical and Mantoux test
● Ability to meet physical requirements including being able to sit, stand, bend, squat, kneel, stretch, stoop, and/or reach above shoulder level for extended periods of time (up to 30 minutes); vision requirements to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; pass and maintain Professional Crisis Management (PCM) certification at a P2 level on an annual basis, including implementation of all strategies and techniques; ability to move or be moved freely and quickly to ensure the safety of students and participants at all times
● Beginning to intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel. Comfortable using an Apple iPad for data collection
If you’re looking for a rewarding and inspiring work environment, and are committed to making a difference in the lives of people with autism, we’d like to hear from you!
Eden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.