Our client is a utility specialty contractor with over 20 years of experience working with the nation's largest utility providers, private contractors and developers, municipalities and cooperatives. They specialize in providing turnkey solutions for project of all sizes, and do so with dedication to completing the job on-time while providing the industry’s most innovative safety standards and are driven by a corporate culture of Safety, Integrity, Customer Focus and Employee Empowerment.
The Field Engineer’s responsibilities will include but may not be limited to: Assisting with the development and execution of project plans & schedules to execute scope safely, efficiently, and cost effectively; Assisting in monitoring project performance (cost, schedule, scope changes, safety, and quality); Identifying resource requirements such as manpower and equipment; assist in ensuring all work is planned, including outages, permits, etc. Other duties as required to accomplish the objectives of the position.
- Assist in conducting job reviews, pre-check jobs, verify USA markings.
- Assist in coordinating customer shutdowns.
- Assist in investigating customer/3rd party issues pertaining to Contracted Construction projects.
- Support the Project Management Supervisor and/or assigned Project Manager with daily routine issues regarding construction of jobs.
- Assist in preparation of proposals, change orders and the estimation process.
- Assist in close out of estimate, post-construction checks, complete as-builts, and review contractor invoices.
- Maintain project databases, working files, field binders, field tickets, etc.
- Preparation and generation of routine reports and correspondence; some involvement in preparing more complex reports.
- Support the assigned Project Manager with daily routine issues regarding construction of jobs.