Wayfinder Family Services (Wayfinder) provides a spectrum of mental health services through various programs for populations of all acuities. We are tackling some of the toughest issues in the sector and changing more lives than ever before. Join the Wayfinder team and help make an impact!
We are seeking an experienced full-time Therapist who will provide direct clinical and case management services to high-risk children, adolescents, adults and their families within the Mental Health, Educational, and/or Child Welfare systems; to provide clinical direction to the treatment team.
This is an exempt position that reports directly to the Assistant Director of Mental Health Services
We offer a sign-on bonus of $2,500 for Therapists and a bilingual stipend of $2,500.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that professional services are rendered to and/or on behalf of clients and families in a manner that promotes their overall safety, recovery, health, and well-being, and adheres to the mission and vision of Wayfinder. Ensure that all such services are in accordance with all laws rules, and regulations governing professional practice.
- Responsible for the delivery and coordination of Mental Health Services to clients and families as defined by Wayfinder’s policy and procedure, Core Practice Model, and LA County Department of Mental Health. Such services include conducting intake screenings, processing the steps for admission, performing full clinical client assessments, developing individualized treatment plans with clients and families, conducting individual, group and/or family therapy and/or rehabilitation services in adherence with the Client Treatment Plan (CTP) and engaging family members/caregivers/identified support persons in regular collateral contacts/sessions.
- Responsible for delivering therapeutic interventions/services to and/or on behalf of the client as established by the Client Treatment Plan (CTP) and that are consistent with established standards of practice.
- Verify initial and ongoing medical necessity for all client services and demonstrate medical necessity at the time of assessment, in the development and ongoing review of the CTP(s), and in every progress note for billed services. Ensure that the clinical assessment and CTP meets the standards for clinical competence, best practices and medical necessity at all times.
- Monitor and document the client’s progress towards meeting the individualized objectives outlined in the CTP. Complete the required documentation of case consultations, individual and family services to track progress and increased/decreased level of functioning.
- Assume responsibility for on-call duty assignments and is responsible for providing, leading and coordinating all Crisis Intervention and Psychotherapy in Crisis services, whether face-to-face or by phone and in consultation with the person responsible for clinical supervision.
- Complete all documentation in accordance with deadlines and performance standards established by the supervisor. Ensure compliance with and timeliness of documentation, productivity standards and service delivery, and that documentation is submitted in accordance with established schedules.
- Contribute to the development of the DCFS Needs and Services Plan with the identified treatment team in a manner that is inclusive of client and family contribution, client strengths, permanency plan, assessment information, identified long-term goals, individualized objectives, life domains, and needs that must be addressed in order to achieve the client and family goals and objectives.
- Attend and participate in all regularly scheduled Treatment Team, IEP, and/or Child and Family Team (CFT) meetings. Assist the client and family with input and contribution to any such meetings and serve as an advocate on behalf of the client’s mental health needs, suitable placement, needed services, and/or permanency/discharge planning.
- Work collaboratively with STRTP, Mental Health, Medical Services, School, and/or DCFS personnel, and all other inter and intra-agency personnel in order to provide and coordinate services indicated by the CTP.
- Master's degree in Social Work (MSW), Clinical Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy or related mental health/human services field.
- Active registration with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) or Associate Social Worker (ASW).
- Experience working with high-risk children, adolescents, adults and/or families within the Mental Health, Educational, and/or Child Welfare systems preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with LA County Department of Mental Health (DMH) billing and documentation procedures preferred.
- Trained and certified in LA County approved Evidence-Based Practices (EBP), including Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) CBT, Seeking Safety, Managing and Adapting Practices (MAP), Aggression Replacement Training (ART) Triple P, and/or Incredible Year preferred.
- Availability to be on-call for crisis related services required.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred.
- Willingness and ability to make frequent field visits, attend meetings, conferences and other job related events away from headquarters. If driving a personal or agency vehicle, must be insurable by our agency’s automobile insurance carrier.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Long term Care
- Flexible spending benefit options including qualified transportation
- 401(K) retirement plan with a 4% employer match after qualification
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance Program
You can apply through this link or submit resume to:
Fax: (310) 321-3488
Wayfinder Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment background and drug screenings.
Visit us online at: www.wayfinderfamily.org
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Lcsw)
Licensed Marriage And Family Therapist (Lmft)
Licensed Professional Counselor (Lpc)
Radiation Treatment Planning
Clinical Social Work
Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor