To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Melville, NY
- Michael Conroy
- Phone: 800-617-6172
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
The Computer Merchant, Ltd • Melville, NY
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
• Sound implementation of construction policies and procedures that maximize customer satisfaction and fulfill statutory requirements while meeting or exceeding company growth goals.
• Direct all aspects of the construction process to meet Company goals while remaining fully compliant and within budgetary limitations ensuring the timely and cost effective installation of facilities.
• Monitor safety, performance, productivity and workload as needed to maximize efficiencies and cost-effectiveness.
• Facilitate and support the construction process.
• Manage the utilization of resources (personnel, vehicles, and equipment) to ensure a timely response, monitor safety, performance, productivity and workload and re-balance as needed to maximize efficiencies and cost effectiveness.
• Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with Company standards and procedures, PSC Code requirements, OSHA, and municipal rules and regulations.
• Ensure accurate reporting of work including SOP's, work order historicals, daily completion reporting, sketches, Operations Qualification, etc.
• Coordination of work packages to the team and ensuring representation on all projects before starting.
• Coordinate all Field Meetings necessary to progress the projects, including pre-construction meetings, safety meetings and notifications and all daily tail gate meetings.
• Submit Daily Paperwork with photo documentation
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled.
• Jobsite reporting with 6:30AM start time, personal vehicle and driver's license required
• Must have computer and device capable of taking pictures (smart phone or digital camera)
• Five plus years of proven managerial experience with a focus on construction policies and practices.
• Thorough knowledge of Company policies and procedures, and technical competence to prudently apply these to support construction operations.
• Extensive knowledge of the gas transmission and distribution system, engineering, construction & maintenance practices, gas utilization equipment, gas metering, and the electric distribution system; Federal, State, and Municipal Codes, Company standards and procedures as well as computer operations are essential.
• Familiarity with Construction standards, Work Methods, Rules for Safe Operation, and associated procedures, knowledge of Company policies and the application of the Collective Bargaining Agreement are needed.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are required, in addition to planning, organizing and computer skills.
• Prior experience dealing with diverse groups such as gas and/or electric customers, government officials, etc. in a tactful and diplomatic manner is vital.
- All supervisors are to report with Laptops or tablet, smart phones with camera capabilities and all safety equipment necessary to perform the duties of construction supervisor (class III vest, hard hat, steel toe work boots, glasses, etc.)
- Supervisors could be moved around various projects.
- Certain projects may require night work in certain areas as dictated by NYC
- Supervisors will be expected to stay late and work overtime as necessary for the project
- Jobsite parking in NYC is not guaranteed, the supervisor will be responsible for finding appropriate parking near the jobsite. NYC DOT Permits do not allow personal vehicles to be stored within a work zone