Senior Cost Accountant
Statement of General Responsibilities:
CFS (Creative Financial Staffing) is engaged with a TOP Employer in the Madison area seeking a Senior Cost Accountant. You will be responsible for maintaining the Cost Accounting System to provide accurate job costing, inventory records, month-end closing documents and Cost/Variance analysis for pricing and profit reports. With this data, this position will work with management to better manage the business and to maximize profits. If you're looking for an opportunity to get involved with multiple plants and have the ability to advance within, let's connect.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compile and report actual, standard and variance job cost data
- Responsible for routine compilation of parts manufacturing costs for payroll, inventory accountability, distribution of factory labor, verification of actual costs and computation of variances, etc.
- Maintain accurate inventory records, including; standard cost maintenance, cycle counting, physical inventories, accounting for obsolete and out-of-spec inventory
- Check and clear data on labor and materials costs burden and expense items, inventory, and profit and loss adjustments.
- Develop and measure estimate versus standard and actual profitability
- Develop measurements and report Key Performance Indicators
- Devise, install or control systems for determining unit cost of products or services.
- Distribute costs between the various divisions of management and production.
- Classify production costs into wages, material and overhead.
- Support month-end and year-end general ledger close and financial reporting
- Must have high level of attention to detail, be well organized and a self-starter
- Needs to be comfortable getting out on the plant floor discussing and troubleshooting root causes of variances with plant personnel
- Strict number cruncher not required, need someone able to analyze the numbers on a manner understandable to production personnel
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or MBA with a minimum of 3 - 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Cost Accounting: 3-5 + years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 3 + years (Preferred)
- ERP Software experience; Epicor, Oracle, SAP, GreatPlains/Dynamics
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel - Pivots, Formulas, V-Lookups
- Bachelor's in Accounting/Finance (Required)
- MBA / CMA / CPA Preferred
Key Words: Cost Accountant, Senior Cost Accountant, Cost Accounting, Standard Cost, Standard Cost Accounting, BOM's, Bill of Materials, CMA, CPA, MBA, ERP, Epicor, Routings, Variance Analysis, Routings, Labor, Overhead Rates