To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX 77034
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This is an excellent opportunity with a growing company based in Houston!
Payroll Specialist Responsibilities
- Compiles payroll data such as hours worked, insurance and garnishments to be withheld, and employee identification number, from time sheets and other records
- Prepares computer input forms, enters data into computer files, or computes wages and deductions and posts to payroll records
- Ensures compliance of company’s policies as well as Federal, State, and Local Labor Laws
- Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll
- Records changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records
- Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions
- Keeps records of leave pay
- Processes voids, reversals, and manual checks
- 5+ years payroll processing experience with large companies
- Experience processing payroll for multiple locations in multiple states
- Experience with Alliance Payroll a plus but not required
- Very strong data entry skills under time constraints
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Extreme levels of professionalism under pressure
- Strong knowledge of wage and hour laws and best payroll practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Word and Excel (Pivot Tables, etc)
- Ability to problem solve and effectively communicate (verbal and written) with all departments
- Must consistently meet strict deadlines
Compensation, Benefits, Other
- Base pay up to $50k, based on salary history and experience
- Medical, Dental and other World-Class Benefits
- Work schedule is M – F, 8am – 5pm
- Office based in zip code 77034
Thank you for your interest!
Pay Roll Specialist