Pulse Staffing has a contract position available for an experienced credentialing specialist. This position has the opportunity to extend with excellent job performance.
Position is responsible for:
• Perform the credentialing processes for all initial physician and provider applications and reappointment in a timely and complete manner.
• Collect and verify sensitive provider data through confidential sources and maintain a credentialing database.
• Perform relevant data entry into the database to ensure consistency and integrity of the data. In addition you will perform analysis and appropriate follow-ups of each initial application and reappointment application.
• Process appropriate queries for expired license, or any appropriate regulatory credentialing requirement and are required to maintain documentation in the database.
• Responsible for preparing files for presentation to the department chairman and credentials committee as well as attending medical staff meetings as directed by the supervisor of Medical Staff Services department.
• The Credentialing Specialist has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within medical staff services. They will rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and they work under general supervision.
• Your proficiency in in Windows-based word processing and spreadsheet software will allow for you to leverage your basic medical terminology as well as the basics records maintenance and retrieval systems
Location: Memorial City area, Houston, TX 77024
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8a-4p
- Three (3) years of recent healthcare or managed care credentialing related experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess compliance, record, analyze, and interpret data into meaningful formats.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Proficient understanding of credentialing Joint Commission, NCQA, and URAC accreditation standards.
- Demonstrated understanding on initial credentialing and re-credentialing practices for medical professionals including primary source verification methods, and compliance monitoring.
- HS Diploma or GED required.